The Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service is the DOD enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness.Learn more about this agency
Please review the NAF Application Information Kit for eligibility descriptions and instructions
It is the applicant's responsibility to read all sections and associated links in this vacancy announcement.
Incumbent is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and processing Full Scale, Wage Change, and special wage surveys for Nonappropriated Fund wage setting. Travels to host activity for orientation briefing of Local Wage Survey Committee/Board (LWSC/B) and Installation Commanders; trains local wage survey data collectors; reviews wage data collected. Advises LWSC/B on the review of wage data forms for job matches, company acceptability, and internal alignment of jobs, and resolves any procedural questions or problems. Analyzes wage data, proposes wage lines and prepares exhibits for the review of supervisor.
May conduct complex and sensitive surveys requiring expertise and sound judgment to resolve conflicts or problems with installation commands, unions, and private industry firms. Plans and carries out studies to develop or improve the wage setting practices and programs of the DCPAS-Wage and Salary Division.
Makes telephone contacts with establishments to explain the survey process, procure participation, and set up appointments. May conduct on-site, in-depth interviews with private industry officials to obtain detailed information and wage data for Full Scale, Wage Change, and special wage surveys.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required upon appointment
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactory completion of employment verification (E-Verify) check
- One year probationary period may be required
- A valid driver's license is required
- Inability to meet travel requirements of the position may result in separation from employment.
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS MUST BE CLEARLY VERIFIABLE IN YOUR RESUME. GOVERNMENT POSITIONS MUST INCLUDE PAY PLAN, SERIES, GRADE, TO AND FROM DATES, AND GOVERNMENT AGENCY/DEPARTMENT. All qualification requirements must include experience performing duties equivalent in scope and complexity to the next lower grade level.
Four-year college degree or related work experience equivalent in skill and complexity to at least the next lower grade level including:
1. Demonstrated experience coordinating, monitoring, and processing/manipulating statistical data.
2. Demonstrated experience making public contact which involves direct interviewing of executive personnel.
3. Previous experience as a project officer.
All qualified candidates will have demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to the above, highly-qualified candidates will possess the following:
1. Applied knowledge of laws and OPM guidance used in conducting wage surveys.
2. Demonstrated skill in delivering persuasive presentations to executive leaders.
3. Demonstrated skill in analyzing wage data.
4. Demonstrated skill in conducting research related to compensation policy and procedures.
5. Demonstrated experience in training data collectors.
Only highly-qualified candidates will be initially referred. If management does not wish to select a highly-qualified candidate, they may request a referral including all qualified applicants.
Candidates using education to meet qualification requirements must include transcripts with their application package (online transcripts are accepted). Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating. Only education from accredited and pre-accredited institutions will be accepted. Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalency in the United States. For more information, please click here.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based upon a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our application information kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your experience is subject to evaluation and verification against the information in your resume. The numeric rating you receive is a self-assessment only and is based on your responses to the questionnaire. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, or if your resume lacks sufficient information, you will be rated accordingly or you may be considered ineligible.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our job application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a resume.
Please note that if you upload multiple resumes, only the most recently uploaded version will be used to determine your qualifications for this position. Additional documentation not required or identified in this vacancy may not be utilized in determining your qualifications. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify all of the information in their resume and documents; HR will not modify documents, responses, or information submitted by an applicant. All application requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and qualifying experience clearly documented in the resume. Please ensure your resume adequately describes your experience as it relates to this vacancy.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or claimed priority/preference
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434
Including any of the following on your resume may result in an ineligible rating:
Classified or government sensitive information
Social Security Number (SSN)
Photos of yourself
Personal information, such as specifically mentioning your age, gender, race/national origin, etc
Encrypted and digitally signed documents
Illegible documents or files that cannot be opened
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
You may submit your application packet using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred): https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for announcement number NENAFCC1910477666. All documentation required in the vacancy must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on the closing date of the announcement.
- Manually: A manual application may be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this announcement. If you are applying manually, all required documentation must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on the closing date of the announcement.
Agency contact information
AddressCC-NAF-H50000 DEFENSE HUMAN RESOURCES ACTIVITY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Human Resources Activity, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Referred applicants will be evaluated to determine the quality and extent of total accomplishments, experience, education, and/or certification. The top candidates may undergo an interview and reference checks.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530653300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.