• Serves as the principal administrative support for division heads and activity managers. Advises program personnel on administrative policies, procedures and practices. • Maintains an accurate file system of online and hard copy documents to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information. • Serves as the department point of contact for ordering base telephones, ordering and distributing cell phones along with validating monthly phone bills, ordering NAVFAC bullets, key control, accessLearn more about this agency
- Provides operational oversight for central cashier operations. Directly manages cash control, distribution and collection functions supporting local base level activities and reports anomalies to the installation program manager. Works with local command evaluation and regional service center to ensure that central cashier operations are within compliance with all cash and internal control policies.
- Supervises approximately four (4) employees which includes a GS-318-05 administrative assistant and three (3) NF-02’ cash clerks.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained and advises manager when additional resources are needed.
- Assigns and monitors work of subordinates and provides technical oversight based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Develops performance plans, evaluates work performance of subordinates, and provides recommended ratings of record. Interviews candidates for subordinate positions; recommends hiring, promotion, or reassignments. Assures selection, assignment, training and promotion, evaluation, discipline and incentive awards to employees are in accordance with Human Resources and EEO policies and procedures. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- The employee must satisfactorily complete a suitability background check and may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. This position may require the employee to occasionally over night or day travel away from the normal duty
This position serves as the principal administrative support position in an organization of moderate size and complexity at either the program or installation level. The supervisor directs the staff through intermediate supervisors. The subordinate groups differ in such aspects as subject matter, functions, relationships with other organizations, and administrative demands in such ways as to place significant demands on the Administrative Services position.
The position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of the duties, priorities, commitments, policies, and program goals of the staff sufficient to perform assignments such as reviewing publications, directives, and other materials which may affect the division and taking appropriate follow-up actions; and to anticipate and prepare materials the supervisor needs in order to respond to correspondence or phone calls.
- Knowledge of substantive programs of the immediate and subordinate organizations as they relate to the clerical and administrative functions of the office.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, etc., and intermediate to advanced skill in typing and keyboarding to perform routine administrative functions.
- Knowledge of personal computers and current experience with software such as Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Experience should include skill in word processing, spreadsheets, database management systems, PowerPoint presentations and requires incorporating data from various sources.
- Knowledge of the pertinent information for use by the organization in conferences or reports and to advise other administrative staff.
- Ability to use correspondence rules and regulations to prepare and/or edit written correspondence, ensuring proper use of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Knowledge of personnel and position management principles including recruitment, selection, hiring, ,training and general provision for the needs of human resources in an organization. Knowledge and understanding of the Equal Opportunity Employment program.
- Experience leading or supervising a work unit or team.
Some positions have special requirements. Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education.
DON is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of KSAs related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of KSAs will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Fleet & Family Readiness Job Application located on navylifepnw.com website: http://www.navylifepnw.com/jobs
Proof of education and/or certification transcripts/copy of degree/certification) if qualifying based on education or certification.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Comprehensive benefits package available (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Agency contact information
Fleet & Family Readiness
AddressNavy Region Northwest
1103 Hunley Road, Bldg 35
Silverdale, WA 98315
This position is located within the Fleet and Family Readiness Department, Fleet Readiness Branch, Commander Navy Region Northwest. This position supports the Installation Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program and the various branch managers. Performs operational and administrative duties for a multi-faceted, moderately complex organization, where there is a system of formal internal procedures and administrative controls. The Administrative Officer must exercise continuous attention to the coordination among internal or external work units. This position also holds supervisory responsibility for lower level administrative support positions and activities such as a cash cage or other operational support activity.
All applicants will be notified regarding their status by email. Applicants will either be contacted for an interview or sent an email of non-selection 3-6 weeks after the announcement closing date.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530266100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.