This position is located at Caro Fitness Center Building 708, Fort Stewart, GeorgiaLearn more about this agency
This position requires working nights, weekends and holidays.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receives and resolves customer complaints; provides information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery.
- Assists patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc.
- Plans, conducts, publicizes and arranges support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions. May provide work guidance to other staff.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
Qualifications1. Work experience which involved dealing with the general public.
Highly Preferred Criteria:
1. Minimum of six (6) months experience working in a fitness center.
2. Has CPR/AED/First Aid Certificate.
3. Has experience in customer service.
4. Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Highly preferred experience must be annotated in detail within your resume to be considered as a highly preferred applicant.
***Candidates who meet ALL of the highly preferred criteria (to include all minimum requirements) will be referred to the Selecting Official first. All other candidates will be referred for consideration if the certificate is returned with no selection.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00PM (NOON) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent, PCS orders and Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse Preference
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Fort Stewart NAF Office
AddressDW-NAF-W0VAAA US ARMY GARRISON FT STEWART HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Stewart, GA 31314
Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield is a southern living station of choice with great climate, easy commuting, no parking fees, good schools, and many surrounding historic sites. Fort Stewart is located approximately 42 miles from Savannah Georgia, one of America's most picturesque and historically rich cities. With its many jewel-like parks, historic homes, ornate antebellum architecture and great places to eat and relax, Savannah has received some of the most prestigious ratings as one of the "top 10 Most Beautiful Places in America, the "World's Top Ten Trendy Travel Hot Spots", a "Top 10 US City to Visit", one of the "Top 25 Places to Live and Work", and placed Savannah second on the "Best Southern City" list. Savannah's charm is second to none. Fort Stewart is a great location and within 1 1/2 hours of four beaches - Tybee Island, Hilton Head, St. Simons Island, and Jekyll Island; some awesome places to explore and have fun. Hunter Army Airfield is located in Savannah. You have your choices of small town or big city living and the opportunity to be part of the 3rd Infantry Division. Welcome to Southern coastal living at its best.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529599800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.