The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.Learn more about this agency
1. Provide management and support of Human Capital Initiatives defense acquisition workforce analytics capability to include the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act requirement to have a management information system capability with key information on the acquisition workforce. Maintain and update enterprise acquisition workforce information/data requirements. Apply data analytic skills to support data driven DoD acquisition workforce strategic human capital/workforce talent management policy,
programs and initiatives.
2. Apply project management skills to develop, plan and implement Human Capital Initiative's DoD acquisition workforce strategic human capital/workforce talent management policy, programs, data analytics, operations (including budget support and initiatives.
3. Prepare operational and strategic communication presentations, reports, graphs, and metrics that describe insights on workforce demographic, health, and talent management trends to inform senior leader strategic talent management and implementation planning.
4. Apply critical thinking and innovation to achieve effective development and implementation of HCI human capital/talent management projects.
5. Write and communicate effectively, developing professional written, info-graphics and multi-media communications supporting the HCI mission. Communicate workforce analytic results to DoD acquisition senior leaders and stakeholders.
6. Apply teamwork and collaboration skills with the HCI team and external partners to achieve effective implementation of the HCI mission.
7. Research and analyze complex public/private/academic sector talent management/workforce research, congressional, Federal and Depm1ment of Defense reports, exploring impact and opportunities to improve acquisition workforce capability, providing recommendations and courses of action to the Director and Deputy Director of HCI.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected for this position is required to obtain and maintain a secret security determination to occupy a critical sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment.
You must have achieved DAWIA Level I certification in Program Management and or; you must have the ability to obtain the required certification for the position within 24 months of appointment.
NEED TO ENTER THE REQUIREMENT FOR DAWIA PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION LEVEL I
QualificationsYou must have one year of specialized experience at the NH-0343-II (GS-11) grade level in Federal service or an equivalent position in the civilian sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities: Successfully perform the duties of the position. You must demonstrate experience: (1) Planning, developing and implementing DOD Acquisition Workforce policies and programs; (2) Decision support in development of DOD Acquisition Workforce policies; (3) Preparation of professional written communication to include developing and coordinating on joint staff packages and correspondence
at the OSD level; (4) leading, communicating, and building coalitions across multiple stakeholders to achieve mission objectives and meet customer needs
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of two years if one has not already been completed.
Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): You must be well qualified for the position to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. A qualified ICTAP eligible achieving a score of 85 or above will be considered "well qualified". For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
Special Hiring Authorities: You may be considered for the vacancy if you are eligible for a special appointment authority such as those authorized for the severely disabled; certain Vietnam Era and disabled veterans; volunteers returned from the Peace Corps or Vista, etc. For more information, visit the following OPM websites: USAJOBS Resource Center: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter; VetsInfo Guide: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA): Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing an initial 3-year term (not less than 2 years and 11 months) may apply regardless of their current geographical location. Veterans must submit their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, to be considered under this authority.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Customer Service
- Program/Project Management
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: The latest resume submitted will be used to determine qualifications.
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire
- Other Supporting Documents
- SF-50 - (If applicable) Notification of Personnel Action for current or former federal employees- with the exception of current permanent DAU employees, please provide your most recent SF50 or the SF50 reflecting Career/Career-Conditional tenure and the highest grade held on a permanent basis.
- If you claim Veteran's Preference, (5 or 10 points) you MUST provide a copy of your DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) listing the dates of military service and rank. If you are claiming 10 points (10 percent or more disability), you must also provide a letter from the Veterans Affairs Office and a completed SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veterans Preference - http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) substantiating your claim.
- ICTAP Eligible: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF50 if available..
- Performance Appraisal: Current or previous federal employees.
- Other documents identified in the announcement.
- Military Spouses claiming preference must submit a copy of service memebers PCS orders, and a copy of marriage license/certificate.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
HR Customer Care Center
AddressDEFENSE ACQUISITION UNIVERSITY
9820 Belvoir Road
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Acquisition University, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to drive status updates notification for applicants. You can elect to activate the proactive notification from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process to sign-up for automatic alerts when there are status changes for jobs to which you have applied.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528166500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.