The Asset Management Division of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the U.S. House of Representatives consists of three areas (House Asset Services, Admin & Compliance and Operations). This position is for a customer service team member with experience in data entry and communicating with customers at varying levels.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the team in managing assets and inventory of equipment for Member, Committee and Leadership offices of the House. Major duties include, but are not limited to: 1. Data entry and assistance in closing out inventory reconciliation reports and customer service.
2. Delivery of excellent customer-service while providing accurate and timely information analysis and reports.
3. Capable of learning and applying information and data related to the House equipment inventory system.
4. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with customers of the House community.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
ALL CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Released from active duty within the last five years;
Pay grade at or below E-5 or O-3;
20% or greater service connected disability rating (Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement).
Veterans who are in receipt of a 20-year or Temporary Early Retirement (TERA) are not eligible for the program. NO WAIVERS WILL BE GRANTED.
Detail oriented; excellent communication skills; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; must be able to write simple correspondence, effectively presenting information to internal and external customers; must be able to manage sensitive information appropriately; ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and courteous work disposition; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Additionally, must maintain personal appearance and hygiene in a professional, neat, and clean manner to include hair, mustaches, and beards. Lastly, must keep work area neat and uncluttered.
High School Diploma required.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All evaluations will be conducted by the CAO Asset Management Division.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Application Documents (attachments)
- Resume (optional cover letter may be added to this attachment)
- Most recent DD 214 (Member 4) issued
- Civil Service Preference Letter indicating 20% or greater service connected disability rating (not required if a Purple Heart recipient)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Health, Dental, Vision, Thrift Savings Plan, Student Loan Repayment Program
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
- CANDIDATES SHOULD EMAIL THE THREE ATTACHMENTS REFERENCED IN THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS SECTION TO email@example.com THE THREE DOCUMENTS, ONCE EMAILED, WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION. NOTHING ELSE IS REQUIRED.
- EACH ATTACHMENT SHALL BE SUBMITTED AS A SEPARATE AND LEGIBLE DOCUMENT
- THE SUBJECT LINE SHALL ONLY INCLUDE THE CANDIDATE’S LAST NAME AND CAO ASSET MANAGEMENT DIVISION.
ALL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS MUST BE FORWARDED TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
Agency contact information
WW Fellowship Program
AddressU.S. House of Representatives
Washington, District of Columbia 20515
Candidates will receive an email notification once their application has been received and processed. Candidates will be contacted directly by the CAO Asset Management Division if selected for an interview.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527969700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.