This position is part of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), Small and Medium Enterprise Finance (SMEF) Office. The incumbent will serve as the Innovative Financial Intermediaries (IFIP) Program Manager supporting smaller-scale financial intermediaries and vehicles investing in enterprises in OPIC-eligible countries, with a specific focus impact and innovation.Learn more about this agency
- Prepare for and plan each quarterly review and screening of applications for IFIP.
- Review, assess, and score IFIP applications against the program evaluation criteria, including fund strategy, management team, track record, fundraising, governance, and impact potential. (Requires review of complex financial information. )
- Coordinate with the external investment advisor to facilitate the advisor's supplemental, third-party review of the application materials.
- Participate in and document the various IFIP committee meetings. (Requires leading discussion on many agenda items and making recommendations to the committees.)
- Advise IFIP applicants regarding the status of their applications. Provide applicants that do not pass screening with constructive feedback regarding application deficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Respond to inquiries from potential applicants regarding IFIP.
- Maintain IFIP underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures. Advise the Chair and committees on required updates to these documents, make recommendations for improvements, and develop new content.
- Undertake public communications regarding IFIP, including updating of IFIP information on the OPIC website.
- Coordinate and prepare detailed reports, statistical analysis, and white papers for the IFIP steering committee, OPIC management, and external parties, as needed.
- Maintain statistics on IFIP?s pipeline and portfolio.
- Periodically evaluate program for effectiveness and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Participate as part of a project team in the evaluation, committing, and closing of IFIP or other transactions for Small and Medium Enterprise Finance (SMEF).
- Develop and maintain internal communication and reporting templates.
- Undertake assignments to support IFIP business development and marketing plans.
- Structure debt financing for complex emerging markets investment projects.
- Perform in-depth analyses of the nature of the proposed fund/project, viability of the fund strategy/business model; market opportunity; financial conditions and track record of project parties; country-related legal, macro and microeconomic risks.
- Build, audit, and test financial models and perform sensitivity analyses; and prepare loan papers for presentation to approval committees.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade (see Qualifications).
QualificationsFor the GS-14: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and level of responsibility equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience for this position includes but is not limited to experience with debt financing for complex investment projects: performing in-depth analyses of the nature of the proposed funds/projects; the viability of the fund strategy/business model; the market opportunity; the financial conditions and track record of sponsors, management and other project parties; country-related legal, macroeconomic and microeconomic risks; and other related factors.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EducationEducation does not substitute for specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp).
Appointment Authorities: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements:Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
OPIC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement #OPIC-19-DE-10446736MM using Delegated Examining (DE) procedures. If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet DE requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Analytical Thinking
- Financing and Credit Analysis
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Competency ? Program Management
- Written Communication
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed.
2. SF-50 or DD-214
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional Eligible: Your most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) showing that you are/were in the competitive service, as well as the highest grade (or promotion potential) held, on a permanent basis
Do not submit photographs with your application package. Documents with photographs may not be seen by hiring officials - you must remove your image from any badges, licenses, etc.Do not upload Adobe portfolio documents. Adobe portfolio documents are not viewable by our agency's staffing offices.
- College transcript(s)
- SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Non-competitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal)
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Cover letter, optional
It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section of this vacancy.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- Read the Eligibility questions carefully. The questions address if you are eligible to apply to this JOA. Your responses will affect your consideration for the position. You may qualify for more than one eligibility, so please choose carefully. You will only be considered under the options you have selected. If you respond that you do not meet any of the eligibility questions, you will not be considered for this position.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10446737
Agency contact information
AddressOverseas Private Investment Corporation
1100 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20527
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Overseas Private Investment Corporation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
For status updates on your application, please follow the directions listed above in the How to Apply section. Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. If you are selected for an interview for this position, you will be contacted directly. A final job offer for this position is typically made within several weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After confirming a job offer, all other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527200500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.