ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This is a Work at Home (WAH) position working around the Arlington, VA, Alexandria, VA, or Falls Church, VA areas. The Duty Station will be the selectee's home address.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE in the following cities: Arlington, VA, Alexandria, VA, or Falls Church, VA.
Relocation will not be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise office operations, supervisors, and clerks responsible for supporting various field data capture and office automation activities.
- As needed train or supervise others to train, office employees on software, hardware and automation operations.
- Manage automation functions in the field and office for a decentralized workforce; the first line-of-contact for all hardware, software, and telecommunication problems, troubleshoot duties, and evaluate, analyze, and coordinate automation operations to efficiently support office functions with available equipment. Conduct on-site LAN/WAN hardware diagnostics for infrastructure cabling and hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, iPads, personal computers (PCS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telecommunications systems and printers.
- Responsible for the paper and automated tracking of property management to include: ensuring necessary forms are accurately filled out; property management systems are updated, and regular audits are performed and secured devices are stored.
- Schedule and coordinate data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices. Manage the property control system for Office Computing Equipment (OCE), Mobile Commuting Equipment (MCE) and peripherals. Coordinate printing activities and assure that printers are prepared to handle large jobs, long-running print jobs without jams, breakdowns, and toner shortages.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25 % overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship and be 18 years or older to be hired.
- Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- A supervisory trial period may be required.
- This is not a Bargaining Unit Position.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants are responsible for insuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience, education, or a combination as indicated below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Examples of experience sought for these positions include experience supervising a technical support staff, training office employees on software, hardware and automation operations. Experience troubleshooting technical issues and evaluating, analyzing, coordinating automation operations. Experience working with various Microsoft, Apple, Cisco operating and administrative programs. Experience working with and supporting various office technologies and devices including telecommunications hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, IPads, Personal Computers, VOIP telecommunicaitons systems and printers. Experience tracking property management, reporting and documenting lost, missing, stolen equipment. Experience scheduling and coordinating data entry operations.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree plus 1 full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement with major study in computer science, information science, information system management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering, or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office at 301-763-4060. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies at the full performance level of this position AD-00:
- Ability to supervise, train, assign work, set priorities, coordinate, plan and oversee subordinate staff.
- Skill in troubleshooting technical issues and evaluating, analyzing and coordinating automation operations.
- Knowledge of various programs such as Windows 10, MS Office suite and iOS.
- Ability to lead automation support efforts and coordinate resources to support all office data entry and related automation activities.
For more information on category rating, please go to: http://www.hr.commerce.gov/s/groups/public/@doc/@cfoasa/@ohrm/documents/content/prod 01_009474.pdf
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application consists of the following:
• Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional. Your resume should list your educational and work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, please include the grade level for the position(s). Your resume may be used to validate your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume should also indicate your citizenship and if you are registered with the Selective Service System if you are a male born after 12/31/59.
• Documentation supporting eligibility for non-competitive appointment, (Schedule A disability, 30 percent disabled veteran, certain military spouses, etc). Show proof of your disability. Documentation may be from any licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. Territory to practice medicine), a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., State or private), or any Federal or State agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits;
• Your medical documentation should distinguish between disabilities that are temporary, or transient, versus disabilities, which are chronic, permanent, on-going, or unresolved with no end in sight.
• Veterans' Preference Documentation: Please indicate on your resume the type of veterans' preference you are claiming and provide the appropriate supporting documentation (DD-214 stating disposition of discharge or character of service, VA letter, SF-15, etc.) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
• Education Documentation: If this position requires proof of higher education, or you are substituting education for experience, you must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses that includes the following information: name of accredited institution, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. This also includes Census Bureau employees.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. Please refer to http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp for more information.
You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are sufficient.
• Special Instructions for Foreign Education: Qualifying education from colleges and universities in foreign countries must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. Applicants educated in whole or in part in foreign countries must submit sufficient evidence, including transcripts, to an accredited private organization for an equivalency evaluation of course work and degree. A listing of these accredited organizations can be found on the Department of Education's website http://www.ed.gov/international/usnei/us/workrecogdoc. You must provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course by course listing along with your application.
Failure to provide such documentation when requested will result in loss of consideration.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Census Bureau offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the benefits offered to most Federal employees at https://www.usa.gov/benefits-for-federal-employees.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Your complete application, including required documents, must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. To apply on-line, you must complete and submit an application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://www.usajobs.gov/. To begin, click the "Apply" button and follow the prompts to register into your USAJOBS account, answer the questions, and submit all required documents. (After registering in your USAJOBS account and clicking "Submit," you will automatically transition to the Department of Commerce's specific site where you will complete your application. You must click "Submit" at the end of the application process to send your application for consideration.)
To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at http://www.usajobs.gov/ and click on "Applications." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application"
If you have problems completing your online application, including problems submitting your supporting documents, please contact the Help Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 866.656.6831. The help desk is available Monday—Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
Agency contact information
2020 Census Recruiting
AddressBUREAU OF THE CENSUS
Philadelphia Regional Census Center
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy. We honor privacy, protect confidentiality, share our expertise globally, and conduct our work openly. We are guided on this mission by scientific objectivity, strong capable workforce, devotion to research-based innovation, and abiding commitment. We offer competitive salaries, flexible hours/work arrangements, developmental opportunities, a variety of benefits/health insurance plans, and incentives. If working in an environment that values your individuality, diversity and allows you to achieve your professional goals appeals to you, then the U.S. Census Bureau is the place for you.
You will be notified of your application status through USAJOBS at four points during the hiring process, as applicable. You can check the status of your application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://usajobs.gov/ and clicking on "Applications." The status will be visible next to the corresponding positions.
The four points of notification are:
1. Application Received or Application Incomplete;
2. Minimum Qualification Requirement Met or Minimum Qualification Requirement Not Met;
3. Referred or Not Referred; and
4. Selected or Not Selected
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work; or, you may be fined or jailed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. You will be required to submit official documentation prior to appointment. The agency will then verify the information provided on your application (i.e., degree, veterans' preference, disability, etc.).
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525735800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.