The incumbent provides program level support to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and the Cybersecurity Leadership Team. The incumbent may perform a variety of tasks supporting cybersecurity managerial, operational and/or technical functional areas. This position does not have supervisory/managerial responsibilities.Learn more about this agency
1. Ensures efficient operation and coverages of telephones and email. Carries out special projects as assigned. Manages travel arrangements for staff, schedule all meetings, conferences and teleconferences as required. Maintains filing system.
2. Provide administrative/project coordination support. Coordinates office services, including development and monitoring of policies necessary for executive office support. Strong project management skills are desired.
3. Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, including ability to use styles and templates features in Word and PowerPoint for efficiency and consistent formatting. Microsoft Project, MS Visio and Adobe applications a plus. Strong working knowledge of Excel and its advanced features using calculations and pivot tabels in Excel a plus.
4. Strong communications skills and ability to present technical and non-technical information in an articulate manner to a wide range of audiences.
5. Prior experience with web based/online calendars and collaboration tools/cloud systems (e.g. SharePoint).
6. Proficient in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Perl, etc. desired. A cyber security certification or equivalent experience desired but not required.
7. Experience researching data and compiling data for review; Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to participate in team/collaborative environment. 9. Exercise planning experience, including documentation, evaluation, and after-action reporting is a plus. (If exercise planning experience is available, a Secret level clearance (minimum) required. 10. Performs other official duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
ALL CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Released from active duty within the last five years;
Pay grade at or below E-5 or O-3;
20% or greater service connected disability rating (Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement).
Veterans who are in receipt of a 20-year or Temporary Early Retirement (TERA) are not eligible for the program. NO WAIVERS WILL BE GRANTED.
Detail oriented; excellent organization skills; excellent communication skills; strong computer skills; ability to complete projects within timelines and under minimal supervision. Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and courteous work disposition; ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling sensitive information; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
High School Diploma required. Some college level classes preferred but not required.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All evaluations will be conducted by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Application Documents (attachments)
- Resume (optional cover letter may be added to this attachment)
- Most recent DD 214 (Member 4) issued
- Civil Service Preference Letter indicating 20% or greater service connected disability rating (not required if a Purple Heart recipient)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Health, Dental, Vision, Thrift Savings Plan, Student Loan Repayment Program
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
- CANDIDATES SHOULD EMAIL THE THREE ATTACHMENTS REFERENCED IN THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS SECTION TO email@example.com THE THREE DOCUMENTS, ONCE EMAILED, WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION. NOTHING ELSE IS REQUIRED.
- EACH ATTACHMENT SHALL BE SUBMITTED AS A SEPARATE AND LEGIBLE DOCUMENT
- THE SUBJECT LINE SHALL ONLY INCLUDE THE CANDIDATE’S LAST NAME AND CISO.
ALL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS MUST BE FORWARDED TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
Agency contact information
WW Fellowship Program
AddressU.S. House of Representatives
Washington, District of Columbia 20515
Candidates will receive an email notification once their application has been received and processed. Candidates will be contacted directly by the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) if selected for an interview.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525077000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.