Incumbent performs administrative support tasks to contribute to and ensure the efficient operation of the Sergeant at Arms Division of Police Services/Law Enforcement. Incumbent will develop and maintain a general working knowledge of the Division and a broad understanding of the Office of the Sergeant at Arms.Learn more about this agency
1. Must be detail oriented, organized, possess ability to complete projects within timelines and under minimal supervision, proficient in Microsoft and preparation of routine reports.
2. Ability to analyze trends in data and reports.
3. Develop presentations and project status reports.
4. Evaluate existing security related training and literature for district office staff, identify areas for programmatic improvement and assist implementation of improvements.
5. Perform customer service activities: schedule appointments and meetings; explain programs, policies and procedures within the scope of authority; provide information of general or limited technical nature; take messages and refer callers to appropriate person or department.
6. Provide staff support and administrative assistance to Police Services Division.
7. Collect and tabulate data to assist the Police Services Division with district office security program.
8. Report on progress and provide regular updates to Police Services management.
9. Work with other Sergeant at Arms Divisions and US Capitol Police to ensure that project objectives are achieved within established timeframes.
10. Assist with the formulation of positions on security issues for the Sergeant at Arms.
11. Assist with the communication of positions on security issues for the Sergeant at Arms.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
ALL CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Honorably discharged;
- Released from active duty within the last five years;
- Pay grade at or below E-5 or O-3;
- 20% or greater service connected disability rating (Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement).
Veterans who are in receipt of a 20-year or Temporary Early Retirement (TERA) are not eligible for the program. NO WAIVERS WILL BE GRANTED.
Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: security, physical security, threat/risk/vulnerability assessments, project management. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
High School Diploma required. Some college level classes preferred but not required.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All evaluations will be conducted by the Office of the Sergeant at Arms.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Application Documents (attachments)
- Resume (optional cover letter may be added to this attachment)
- Most recent DD 214 (Member 4) issued
- Civil Service Preference Letter indicating 20% or greater service connected disability rating (not required if a Purple Heart recipient)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Health, Dental, Vision, Thrift Savings Plan, Student Loan Repayment Program
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- CANDIDATES SHOULD EMAIL THE THREE ATTACHMENTS REFERENCED IN THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS SECTION TO email@example.com THE THREE DOCUMENTS, ONCE EMAILED, WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION. NOTHING ELSE IS REQUIRED.
- EACH ATTACHMENT SHALL BE SUBMITTED AS A SEPARATE AND LEGIBLE DOCUMENT
- THE SUBJECT LINE SHALL ONLY INCLUDE THE CANDIDATE’S LAST NAME AND SAA.
ALL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS MUST BE FORWARDED TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
Agency contact information
WW Fellowship Program
AddressU.S. House of Representatives
Washington, District of Columbia 20515
Candidates will receive an email notification once their application has been received and processed. Candidates will be contacted directly by the Office of the Sergeant at Arms if selected for an interview.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524675500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.