About the Position: This position is located at the Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCOE), Fort Benning, Ga. The MCOE is located 100 miles south of Atlanta, Georgia, and is adjacent to Columbus, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama. The geography and climate are ideal for year round military training. Public transportation and free parking are available.Learn more about this agency
In addition to using the USA Jobs tool, applicants must follow "Qualifications" instructions to be considered for this position.
- Provide guidance in matters of religious education, youth ministry, administers, and coordination of the religious education program.
- Advises on appropriate courses of action to improve religious education programming.
- Develops installation religious education marketing and advertising plans with emphasis on religious education and youth ministry.
- Provides marketing and advertising for emphasis on religious education and youth ministry.
- Reviews and evaluates religious education and youth ministry needs and programs.
- Develops curriculum, theological instruction, teacher training and volunteer requirements for the religious education program.
- Guides and trains both Religious education and youth ministry specialists on leadership and instruction skills.
- Assesses religious education needs of various groups such as junior enlisted personnel, young married couples, military personnel, civilians, family members, contractors, and retirees through use of surveys, questionnaires, and community involvement.
Occasional travel - This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires regular contact with children under the age 18 and a favorable determination of suitability to do so including initial background checks, investigation and periodic re-verification check of multiple agency records.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
- This position requires the incumbent to work weekends and holidays.
- This position requires the incumbent to be on call via employer provided telephone.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience and Education: Possess a Master of Religious Education degree or its equivalent from an accredited graduated school, AND at least 5 years of documented professional experience leading a religious education program. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.)
Possess a graduate degree of any discipline other than religious education that includes a minimum of 24 documented credits in religious education theory and practice or spiritual formation AND at least 5 years of documented professional experience leading a religious education program. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Education/Training Program Administration
- Communications and Media
- Curriculum Development
- Religious Education Services
- Religious Education Program Management and Administration.
- Religious Education Course and curriculum development, evaluation, and selection.
- Multi-faith religious education program awareness and coordination where possible.
- Religious developmental theory and basic principles of faith formation.
- Experience designing spiritual formation venues for children, youth, adults, and intergenerational groupings.
- Coordination of Youth Ministries.
- Religious education volunteer teacher/leader training experience.
- Religious volunteer management experience.
To be certified for positions in the Religious Education Career Field, applicants must:
1. Email a copy of their USAJobs/USA Staffing-generated resume to: Donald.email@example.com (The USA Jobs resume builder system has an option built in to the program for forwarding copies to other agencies - see bottom of vacancy announcement for instruction on building a resume in USAJobs or self-nominating for a position.)
2. Request transcripts with official seal be sent directly from all accredited college/universities/theological schools to:
Donald Ericson II
HQ Installation Management Command
Religious Education Program Director
2405 Gun Shed Rd, Bldg 2261
JBSA Ft. Sam Houston, TX 78234
NOTE: Only Official transcripts sent directly from the accredited academic institution and postmarked by the closing date of the announcement will be considered. Please do not send any documents other than your resume and transcripts. All other information will not be considered and must be discarded. Submission of the USAJobs generated resume, for the purposes of certification by the Office of the Chief of Chaplains, is in addition to the documents the applicant sends to the CPOC or submits digitally as part of the self-nomination process.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 32 - Training position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- This is an Excepted Service appointment. If a current federal employee with career or career conditional status is hired for this position, the employee will be required to sign a memorandum of understanding prior to being converted to the excepted service.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/01/2019 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10421981).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressEA-APF-W6CRAA US ARMY GARRISON FT BENNING
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Benning, GA 31905
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit https://portal.chra.army.mil/hr_public?id=form_public&sys_id=-1&table=u_application_inquiry_staging and complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524204900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.