As a Community Manager, you will serve as Senior Level Community Manager for the Project Management Office, fully engaged in category management.
This position is located in the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Enterprise Strategy Management, Government-wide PMO for Category Management Intelligence Division 1800 F. ST. Washington, DC 20405
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed for other GSA organizations.Learn more about this agency
- Provides detailed analytical support through the complete data analysis life-cycle for dashboard and report delivery
- Applies state–of-the-art expertise in dashboard reporting requirements capture, decomposition, development, implementation, testing and delivery. Ensures complete alignment of reporting with strategic intent
- Provides programmatic and analytic input to GSA and OMB leadership for strategies and methods impacting CFO ACT funding agency knowledge and performance indicators (KPIs) that often requires significant departures from standard practices and procedures
- Identifies needed data sets; collects, cleanses, validates and interprets data using databases and statistical software tools
- Conveys findings to leadership through the creation and presentation of professional documents such as executive dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, and white papers
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
- Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable
- Register with Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
- Direct Deposit
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134,789 per year.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience managing and leading quantitative and qualitative studies and analyses that are highly technical in nature and address key policies and programs, and support a wide range of acquisition functions. Such experience must include designing, developing, and adapting mathematical, statistical, econometric and other scientific methods and techniques; analyzing mathematical/statistical results and developing reports based on the findings; leading and managing studies related to strategic portfolio and financial management issues and activities within a major acquisition organization; and, application of systems analysis design methodologies for automation and database management applications.
Bargaining Unit status: NA
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy announcement 1900245SKDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of data analysis to include processes, data collection and evaluation methods and procedures and analyzing and interpreting common government procurement documentation, reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of analytic and programmatic fields to implement experimental theories and new developments to problems in reports and dashboards not susceptible to treatment by accepted methods and to make decisions or recommendations
- Abilities using Tableau and skill with web based content management systems, relational database management systems, statistical analysis software and experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
Note: If required to submit an SF-50 (Notice of Personnel Action), an equivalent agency Notice of Personnel Action form is acceptable. Such document(s) must show all of the following: effective date, position, title, series, grade, and rate of basic pay, tenure group 1 (career) or 2 (career-conditional), position occupied group, and name of agency. If you are a GSA employee (except in the OIG), you are not required to submit an SF-50.
If you are a 30% or more disabled veteran, VEOA or VRA applicant or qualified spouse, widow/widower, or parent:
(a) Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
(b) If you are a disabled veteran, or are applying under VRA or VEOA as a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran, submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214:
If you are active duty military- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
If you are a current Federal employee or Reinstatement Eligible: Submit your latest SF-50.
If you are eligible under an Interchange Agreement: Submit your latest SF-50.
If you are a former Peace Corp or VISTA volunteer: Submit your Description of Service.
If you are a current or former Land Management Agency Employee - Submit a and b:
(a) one or more SF-50s, including your most recent one that shows you were on a competitive time-limited appointment(s) with a Land Management Agency and served on the appointment for a period(s) totaling more than 24 months without a break of 2 or more years.
(b) Copy of your agency’s annual performance appraisal(s) or written reference(s) from a supervisor at the agency verifying satisfactory performance during your appointment(s).
If you have a disability: Submit proof of eligibility. For information on eligibility and required documentation, refer to USAJOBS’s People With Disabilities page.
If you are applying under another special appointment authority: Submit proof of your eligibility under the appropriate appointment authority. See USAJOBS's Resource Center for more information.
If you are ICTAP/CTAP eligible - submit a, b, and c: (a) proof of eligibility including agency notice; (b) SF-50, and (c) most recent performance appraisal.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
You will have access to many benefits including:
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job.
To begin, click the Apply Online button on the vacancy announcement.
- Sign in or register on USAJobs and select a resume and documents to include in your application.
- Once you have clicked Apply for this position now, you will be taken to the GSA site to complete the application process.
- Click the Apply To This Vacancy and complete all steps in the application process until the Confirmation indicates your application is complete. If you click Return to USAJobs or get timed out prior to receiving confirmation, your application will not be submitted and cannot be considered for this job.
- Note: Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section of this announcement to determine which apply to you and must be submitted online. You may choose one or more of the following options to submit your document(s): Upload (from your computer); USAJOBS (click the "USAJOBS" link to complete the transfer process) or FAX (read the “Fax instructions” provided prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information).
Need Assistance in Applying? Contact the HR representative listed on the announcement prior to the application deadline. We are available to assist you Monday-Friday during normal business hours. You must receive HR approval before deviating from these instructions. Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.
Agency contact information
AddressGSA, Federal Acquisition Service
General Services Administration
Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM)
1800 F Street NW Room 1100
Washington, District of Columbia 20405
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Federal Acquisition Service, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
After the closing date/deadline:
- ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS: Your application will be reviewed for all requirements.
- REFERRAL TO MANAGEMENT: If you meet all the requirements, you may be referred to management for review and a possible interview.
- SELECTION/TENTATIVE JOB OFFER: If you are selected, you will receive a tentative offer and start the suitability and/or security background investigation process.
- FINAL JOB OFFER:Once our security office determines you can come on board, you will be given a final offer, which is typically 40 days after the announcement closes.
- FINAL COMMUNICATION: Once the position is filled, we will notify you of your status. You may also check your status by logging into USAJOBS. Go to My USAJOBS and then to Applications.
Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524164500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.