PUERTO RICO NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
AIR TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Duty Location: 156th Airlift Wing, Security Forces Squadron/S3, Muñiz ANGB, Carolina, PR
- This position require military membership in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard (PRANG).
- If you are not a military member of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard you must contact the ANG Recruiting and Retention Superintendent (RRS) Office at (787) 289-1400 extension 1713 or (787) 529-2094 to request a Military Basic Requirement (MBR).
- If the MBR certification is not submitted, your application will not be screened
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. May need to wear special protective clothing such as coats, boots, vests, gas masks, helmets and hearing protection. May be exposed to high levels of noise such as aircraft engines.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service. Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. Possess or be able to acquire a SECRET security clearance.
- Incumbent is exposed to the day-to-day dangers associated with law enforcement and security duties.
- Incumbent must know how to operate all Security Forces Vehicles and installed equipment. Incumbent must maintain current qualifications in the use of required weapons.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the mandatory training specifically identified for the position.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful completion of the physical examination and periodic medical evaluation thereafter
- The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver?s license may be required for the position.
- Excepted Civil Service Technicians are required to maintain a MOS/AFSC and military grade that is determined by the NGB to be compatible with the assigned technician position
- In order to achieve compatibility prior to effective date of personnel action, individual selected must be eligible for military assignment to a paragraph and line number in one of the following AFSC 3P0X1.
- Note: In order to qualify for above mentioned AFSC(s) you must comply with mandatory entry requirements contained in Air Force Manual AFMAN 36-2108, Enlisted Classification or AFMAN 36-2105, Officer Classification, as applicable.
- If selected for this position who is not qualified in one of the mentioned AFSC, MUST submit to HRO, before date of appointment, the correct military paperwork/application to attend the technical training school required to be AFSC Qualified
- If selectee fails to process the school application and does not successfully graduate from the school, he/she will be terminated from the technician program for failure to meet the compatibility standards and receive a 30 days notice of separation.
- Acceptance of any military technician position may cause the termination of entitlements and eligibility for all military bonuses and student loan repayments. For further information you must contact the appropriate military Education Office.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Incumbent is required to obtain first responder training/certifications in CPR techniques, self-aid buddy care, and first-aid skills and complete annual recertifications.
This position require military membership in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard (PRANG). If you are not a military member of the PRANG (i.e. member of the PR Army NG, civilian, active duty Airman, prior service, Airman member from another state, reservist, IRR, State Guard, etc.), you must contact the ANG Recruiting and Retention Superintendent (RRS) Office at (787) 529-2094 or (787) 529-6740 to request the PRANG Military Basic Requirements (MBR) Certification. If the MBR certification is not submitted, your application will not be screened.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = All permanent Enlisted employees (NG T32/NG T5) within Puerto Rico Air National Guard.
Area 2 = All indefinite Enlisted employees (NG T32/NG T5) within Puerto Rico Air National Guard.
Area 5 = Enlisted members of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard.
Area 6 = Applicants who meet all requirements to become member of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard. (If the MBR certification is not submitted, your application will not be screened.)
First round consideration will be given to Area 1 Candidates. (All other Areas will be screened only in the event that there are no qualified or recommended Candidates)
To prevent a grade inversion, military rank allowed for this position will be determined at the final evaluation of the vacancy announcement considering the military rank of the supervisor.
As a POLICE OFFICER (D2155000), GS-0083-6, you will protect Federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. To maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.
The work requires regular and recurring physical exertion such as, long periods of standing, walking, driving, bending, stooping, reaching, crawling, and similar activities. The employee will engage in such exertions when responding to alarms, pursuing suspects, or participating in weapons or other types of training activities, climbing stairs in office buildings, or walking foot patrols in and around large buildings. The employee is required to continually stoop, bend, crouch and lift objects in the commercial vehicle search pit. The work may require common physical characteristics, agility and dexterity abilities, and body strength to pursue, apprehend, and detain uncooperative suspects.
The work is performed in settings where regular and recurring exposures to moderate discomforts and unpleasantness occur. These environments include, yet, are not limited to, increased noise levels from industrial settings, aircraft engines and weapons fire; and, high temperatures in confined spaces or adverse weather conditions during extended periods of traffic and patrol duties. When appropriate and directed, the employee is required to use protective clothing or gear such as, masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. The work also involves moderate risks and discomfort levels when working outdoors for extended periods of time without shelter or operating vehicles over rough terrain.
You will lose consideration for the position if your application does not include all the information/documents requested on the vacancy announcement. The USAJOBS Resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you met the required GENERAL and SPECIALIZED experience. Experiences copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and will disqualify you from the position. National Guard military (part-time) service is considered as full-time experience when evaluated against the qualification requirements. The applicant is credited with actual number of months the member has been in the National Guard provided such service is related to the position to be filled.
SELECTED FACTOR: Completion of the Security Forces (SF) Apprentice Course is mandatory (copy of the certificate MUST be submitted with your application in order to be considerate for this position).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: For entry appointment to the GS-06 position, the applicant requires the completion of high school or general educational development equivalency; along with the successful completion of an equivalent military security or police training course.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying
Applicant must possess specialized experience performing or supervising duties such as practical security force (SF) activities in direct support of the military weapon systems and physical security; law and order; or area security operations; experiences in law enforcement, maintaining law and order, preserving the peace, and protecting life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of civilian/public areas or military installations; experiences in protecting federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction; experiences in responding to disaster and relief operations and participates in contingencies.
This position is advertised against a valid man-year of an employee currently on an Active duty an a valid man-year until 30 September 2019. If funding becomes available, personnel action may become permanent without further competition, upon recommendation of immediate supervisor, or may be terminated at any time by management decision.
An applicant selected for an indefinite appointment will occupy a full-time position without a specific time limitation. A technician in this type of appointment does not work towards permanent tenure and can be terminated at any time with a 30-day notice. The permanent status of a current permanent employee will not change in the event of a selection for a position that is being announced as indefinite. If a current permanent employee is selected, the position will be filled as a Temporary Promotion or a Change to Lower Grade. Employee serving under a temporary promotion may not retain a grade or rate of basic pay held during the temporary promotion. If a new hire is selected, the position will be filled as an Indefinite Appointment. For more information concerning benefits for Indefinite employees see Benefits and Other Information.
For entry into this specialty, completion of high school or General Equivalency Diploma is mandatory. Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for the grade levels specified.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Compliance Inspection and Integrity/Honesty~
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Online USAJOBS Resume (mandatory) Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Online Questionnaire (mandatory).
3. Student transcript, showing conferred Degree (if applicable).
4. Additional documentation (if required in the vacancy announcement).
Additional information is available at our web site: local intranet address https://pr-arng-web/HRO or outside Internet address http://www.pr.ngb.army.mil/hro
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10417263
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Muniz ANG Base
Carolina, PR 00979-1502
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523941600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.