The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the West Point Club.
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh/canned vegetables. Prepares hot cereals and concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces, gravies.
- Weighs, measures, assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items. Follow precisely written recipes to mix ingredients. Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, breading.
- Cleans, stores and maintains equipment and work areas after each use. Cleans other work areas and equipment such as worktables, floors, walk-in refrigerators, etc. on an established cleaning schedule.
- Operates various kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam, or microwave heat sources. Disassembles, cleans, and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Covers, dates, stores leftovers according to established procedures. Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food. Ensures foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacterial growth. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be able to accept varying and/or rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- A Medical Examination is required; work involves continual standing, walking, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending; must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours of initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All federal government employees, whether regular full-time or regular part-time, are eligible to apply for this position.
Qualifications1. Work experience in preparing food and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant or mess.
2. Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable:
- Neatness and grooming
- Ability to work under pressure
Skill and Knowledge:
Basic knowledge of food preparation methods and procedures. Skill to cook a limited variety of prepared foods or short order foods. Ability to read and understand written food service material, such as food labels, standardized recipes, and basic work instructions. Skill in performing basic mathematical computations to multiply ingredients in a recipe or to determine how many servings a container will hold. Knowledge of the various tables of weights and measures and ability to follow instructions to convert from standard to metric measurements. Skill in operating, disassembling and cleaning basic food service equipment such as griddles, broilers, and food grinders. Knowledge of basic sanitation, infection and spoilage control procedures.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Initial Cutoff: Monday, February 25, 2019 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST)
Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement. Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur every two weeks thereafter based on management's need to fill positions.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. If applying manually, please bring your application package to the West Point NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at:
626 Swift Road
West Point, New York 10996
Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement.
**Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC**
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433, DA 3434, Permanent Change of Station Orders with Marriage Certificate
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
West Point NAF Human Resources Office
AddressBR-NAF-W6BMAA US ARMY GARRISON WEST POINT
DO NOT MAIL
West Point, NY 10996
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Located in the scenic Hudson River Valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523907000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.