The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Pacific, Tokyo, Japan.
- Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned market using the customer-focused consultative selling process.
- Provide client-need-based account management to maximize client/agency results and revenue growth.
- Direct a sales team to develop client solutions by mixing appropriate amounts of newspaper print, web, special magazines, inserts, events and other promotions that fit within the client's budget, to achieve their marketing goals and objectives.
- Responsible for print audience development using a full array of new and traditional techniques for both home delivery and single copy distribution.
- Ensure sales team exercise a full spectrum of selling techniques.
- Responsible for the development and the achievement of budgeted revenue and expense projections.
- Participate in the development of new products and revenue streams.
- Plan and coordinate activities. Assign work, establish priorities, set deadlines, and ensure personnel are used to best advantage.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention (to include training, coaching and counseling).
- Develops and obtains the necessary sales and promotional collateral and tools.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- A valid US driver's license is required
- Ability to obtain a US passport
Qualifications1. Specialized experience in the fields revenue development and sales management.
2. Previous supervisory experience.
3. Knowledge and ability acquired through the performance of duties of the caliber described above.
4. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
5. Acceptable combinations of experience and education may be deemed qualifying in lieu of specialized experience requirements.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 11:59 pm (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL:
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- PCS order, DA3434 or equivalent
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressFC-NAF-STSTPC STARS STRIPES PACIFIC
DO NOT MAIL
APO, AP 96343
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Media Activity, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522721200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.