Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide identification and define administrative requirements of specific technical, training, exercise and support areas for different programs and projects.
- Develop budget projections for organizational support and capabilities for specific projects
- Research, identify, and analyze program requirements and problems for projected and planned programs
- Plan, prepare and conduct analysis to facilitate completion of long range planning documents and develop all aspects of the functional areas organizational support and capabilities
- Develop and coordinate budget preparation guidance with the upper level managers; and develop effective management plans for assigned projects
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Position may be subject to Administrative Careers with America (ACWA) Assessment or a validated alternative assessment instrument
- Employee may be required to obtain the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification within a required time frame
- Per National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of fiscal year (FY) 2017. Section 1111 modifies 5 United States Code (U.S.C) 3326; Veterans who are retiring within 180 days of appointment effective date may require a 180 waiver package
- May be required to serve a probationary period
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
GS-05: Three years of general experience, one year for which was equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which may consist of basic principles of administration, program support and management of organizations or related fields; learn basic techniques in administration, program support and management of organizations.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-05 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes work that involved analytical research and evaluation of diversified programs; development, administration and control of assigned projects; ability to access, locate, basic design, and update information through the use of personal computer technology.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-07 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes providing administrative work for programs and/or projects; analyze program requirements and solves problems; develop the organizational support and capabilities; coordinate budget preparation and develop plans for projects.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-09 in the federal service which includes applying methods, techniques and skill in the development of programs; governing rules and regulations, correspondence formats, and program requirements to analyze the needs and effectiveness of the program/project.
GS-12: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-11 in the federal service which includes providing the full range of administrative laws, policies, directives and precedents applicable to assigned programs; conduct studies to determine manning and skill levels required to accomplish the mission; plan, organize and direct the functions and mentor, motivate and apprise the staff; analyze, plan and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives; and used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies and processes.
GS-13: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-12 in the federal service which includes conducting research, analysis to develop reports with assessments of mission requirements that can be used to devise solutions to identified problem areas associated with projects or program area; develop, analyze, track, and report annual spending plans and budget submissions; experience in advance technology research and development; gather and assemble various types of complex data and analysis to develop informational and decision type briefings; identify operational shortfalls, analyze solutions and write requirements documents.
GS-14: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-13 in the federal service which includes interpreting doctrine, plans, policies and procedures; provide staff level guidance on programs and plans; expert and key personnel advisor on the most sensitive and complex policies and issues; and directs, coordinates and oversees work through supervisors of the organization.
GS-15: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-14 in the federal service which includes providing executive and technical guidance; provide progress and statistical reporting and analysis; applying experimental theories and new developments to problems; makes decisions or recommendations significantly changing, interpreting, or developing important policies and programs; verbally present sensitive information/recommendations on complex matters to higher authorities; and make critical decisions, present and influence top level management decisions and support and defend decisions to higher level management.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of administrative and management administration to include work flow analysis methods, tools and techniques, data types, methodologies, techniques, procedures, processes and systems as they related to the function, mission, capabilities and role of the Administration and Program position.
2. Knowledge of personnel, budget, security and office processes.
3. Skill in analyzing, planning, organizing and coordinating work.
4. Skill in oral written communication.
5. Skill in using computer systems, networks and applications.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Direct Hire Authority- May be used to fill temporary, term, or permanent position and can be filled at the part-time or fill-time work schedule
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice and is being used to fill under the Direct Hire Authority for Financial Management Expert Positions up to grade GS-15. Under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS 15) (e.g. GS-07 Target GS 15) (e.g. GS-09 Target GS 15). There may be promotion potential up to the GS-15 or equivalent.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF-15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 06/30/2019.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10381651
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
For DHA Positions:These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions of the position to be filled, These positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
For Direct Hire Positions:This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520354800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.