The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world-wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration).Learn more about this agency
Applications received before or on the next cut-off date of 16 January 2019 will be referred to the selecting official(s) for consideration.
- Opens and/or closes facilities. Policies interior and exterior areas of building and grounds and performs general housekeeping to make facilities/playing fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use.
- Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users. Prepares equipment for customers, explains use, and monitors proper usage. Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Performs maintenance on facilities and equipment.
- Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected safeguards funds and makes daily bank deposits.
- Arranges furniture and equipment for various types and sizes of events; puts up and takes down special event decorations. May assist in conducting event.
- Monitors inventories, number, and condition of items on hand (removes damaged or unusable equipment). Coordinates with program staff to ensure adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. See "License Requirement".
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position. In accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13,i to include a National Agency Check with inquiries (NACI) is required.
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Possess and have the ability to maintain a valid state Driver's License. May be required to drive a government vehicle in the performance of duties to include taking equipment and supplies to various facilities/locations.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and favorable results of fingerprints, health assessment (physical), Installation Record Checks, and a Credit Check to determine suitability for this position.
- Physical Requirement: Able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds to be able to perform job duties such as arranging furniture and equipment, put up/take down events, take cleaning supplies between facilities, remove unusable equipment from inventory, etc.
1. Demonstrated ability to performs the duties described above (Secure facility, issue equipment to customers, collect fees, and monitor inventory).
2. Must have and retain a valid state Driver's License.
Work experience directly related to the ability to assist with a sports program including a variety of individual and team sports.
**NOTE: Those qualified applicants who meet both the minimum qualification requirement(s) and highly preferred criteria(s) will be considered best qualified for this position and will be referred to the selecting official(s) first for consideration. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official(s).**
Reminder to Applicants: Your experience has to be clearly identified in your application package/resume in order to receive consideration. If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
(Format example: Employer name, position title, beginning and ending dates of employment, with summary of duties, etc.)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a Regular Full-Time position (for example, interview, tentative/official job offer, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
**THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR. POSITIONS ARE FILLED/REFERRED ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS**
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent Agency Notification of Personnel Action, DA Form 3433, PCS Orders/Marriage Certificate if claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference (SEP), Professional References, etc.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Agency contact information
AddressBF-NAF-W0USAA US ARMY GARRISON FT GEO G MEADE HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Meade, MD 20755
This position is located at: Gaffney Fitness Center, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Family and Morale Welfare and Recreation Command (FMWRC) mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force. The Gaffney Fitness Center provides state of the art cardiovascular equipment, free weights, and strength machines to meet patrons workout needs. Additional facilities include racquetball courts, saunas, an aerobics room, a combatives room, a 25 meter pool, and a spin room. Group fitness classes and personal training are also available.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519325600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.