This position is located in the Information Technology Division within the Department of Finance and Administration (A&F), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-14, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b which is generally equal to GS-14.
- Manages specific IT/software products being planned, implemented, or deployed by the agency;
- Serves in the product owner role on Agile/Scrum development teams and/or COTS implementations within OCIO, and acts as a liaison between business sponsors of significant IT programs and technical development teams;
- Develops and maintains medium and long-term strategies for MCC-developed IT products; maintains and refines sets of business requirements for the products being managed and will set priorities for development teams on a regular basis; and works across the agency at mid to senior leadership levels to establish overall IT system strategy, long-term and near-term plans and priorities, including specific task statements, budgets, skillset profiles and schedules;
- Coordinates with others on the strategic acquisition of software packages, components, or other products required to support the overall product development process; and develops and maintains a complete understanding of the subject matter relevant to the product under management, e.g. business processes, federal mandates, agency policy, etc.;
- Serves as a technical resource on system design and functionality for the technical development team; responsible for quality control on products under their direction; and
- Monitors software quality as measured by usability, performance, reliability, and end-user adoption; and design and execute user acceptance testing, end-user satisfaction surveys, and design and execute programs to promote product adoption.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Travel maybe required
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
QualificationsTo qualify for pay band 3b applicants must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4a (GS-13) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: experience managing IT/software products being planned, implemented, or deployed by an agency; experience applying IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices son Agile/Scrum development and/or COTS implementations; and experience preparing comprehensive plans for accomplishing studies and analyses, developing written materials (drafting policies, procedures, and technical systems documentation), and presenting recommendations to management concerning related issues. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Time-in-Grade: Time-in-grade requirements apply. You must have one year of Federal service equivalent to pay band 3b or GS-14 to be eligible for pay band 3a.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.
- "The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position."
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants may be evaluated by subject matter experts. Your resume must specifically and clearly show your possession of the required specialized experience and your possession of the required competencies. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Experience managing IT/software products being planned, implemented, or deployed by an agency
- Experience applying IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices son Agile/Scrum development and/or COTS implementations
- Experience preparing comprehensive plans for accomplishing studies and analyses, developing written materials (drafting policies, procedures, and technical systems documentation), and presenting recommendations to management concerning related issues
- Knowledge of federal regulations and policies relevant to system security processes related to system accreditation.
- Knowledge of and experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) implementations (e.g., Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.).
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement
- Resume - Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/)
- Responses to Occupational Questionnaire
- Copy of a current SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (such as promotion, reassignment, within-grade increase, or new appointment which shows status/tenure).
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above. See https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST use USAJOBS-formatted resume using Resume Builder to apply to this position and to ensure that you have submitted a complete application. For tips on preparing your resume see: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Once your application is ready, you'll be sent from USAJOBS to the application system. Follow the prompts to complete your application and the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure that you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID; 10373848. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/12/2018.
If you cannot apply online:
- 1.Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documentations to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
AddressDepartment of Administration and Finance
1099 - 14th St, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Millennium Challenge Corporation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Upon receipt of the online questionnaire, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will assess your experience and transcript(s) (if appropriate), identify the best-qualified applicants, and refer those applications to the hiring manager for further consideration and interview. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. We expect to make a final job offer within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518777600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.