The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Fort Meade local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
- Assists Facility Manager in the overall management and operation of a fitness facility.
- Duties include adjusting due to changes in program demands or hours of operation and assisting in setting up for instructors, contractors, events, athletic activities, and related functions.
- Performs facility cleanliness and/or monitors contracts. Conducts classes and walks all facility rooms to provide guidance or referral as appropriate.
- Assists with publicity of programs and events assists with marketing of posters, flyers and other promotional material.
- Monitors fitness equipment condition; tracks maintenance and repair or replacement as appropriate.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment check(s) and security forms for NSA.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and ability to maintain a favorable Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) and/or polygraph examination to determine suitability for this position.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and favorable results of fingerprints, health assessment (physical), Installation Record Checks, and a credit check to determine suitability for this position.
- Physical Requirement: Incumbent must be able to lift up to fifteen (15) pounds. Fitness equipment that needs to be issued, cleaned, or instructed may include things such as weights, dumbbells, barbells, that will be on average 15 lbs.
- Possess and maintains the following certifications: Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED); MWR Orientation Course; Customer Service; Equipment (Safe Operation and Basic Maintenance Repair)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to National Security Agency facilities and networks. Incumbent may be subject to polygraph testing and must meet NSA personnel security requirements as outlined in NSA/CSS Policy.
- Mandatory completion of annual government/job related training's.
Possesses directly related work experience that includes the demonstrated ability to operate multiple fitness facilities such as assisting customers, set up facility for events/athletic activities, and issue/receive fitness equipment. (The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level)
Possession of a Nationally Recognized Basic Fitness Trainer Certification.
**NOTE: Those qualified applicants who meet both the minimum qualification requirement(s) and highly desirable criteria will be considered best qualified for this position and will be referred to the selecting official(s) first for consideration. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official(s).**
Reminder to Applicants: A copy of ALL minimally qualifying certifications and highly desirable certifications (if possess) must be submitted with your application package no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing of this announcement in order to receive consideration for this position.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not negotiable, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 30 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
DA 3434 or equivalent Agency Notification of Personnel Action, DA form 3433, PCS orders/Marriage Certificate if claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference (SEP), Professional Certifications
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. Electronically: (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
2. Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressBF-NAF-FTMEAD FT MEADE PRF CWF
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Meade, MD 20755
This position is located at National Security Agency (NSA) Civilian Welfare Fund (CWF) on Fort George G. Meade, Maryland.
The NSA CWF mission is to provide a varied program of wholesome and constructive recreation activities and services for civilian personnel and authorized patrons of the installation. These programs, services, and activities effectively contribute to the mental, physical, social and educational enrichment of participants.
All qualified candidates that meet the Highly Preferred Criteria will be sent forward first. In the event that there is not a selection, all other qualified candidates will move forward.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518348600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.