Please copy and paste this link into your browser to see duties listed by the various OA Offices https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternshipLearn more about this agency
- Please copy and paste this link into your browser to see the responsibilities listed by the various OA Offices https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Please copy and paste this link into your browser to understand the conditions of the internship https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship
QualificationsMINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below and need to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a citizen or national of the United States of America
- Be registered with Selective Service (males only)
- Obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Academic Eligibility Requirements for OA Student Interns:
* If the internship is to be served during the school year, the intern candidate must be enrolled in and attending an academic degree seeking program in an accredited college or university (including a community college, junior college, or a 4-year college or university) or an accredited graduate or professional school (such as law school) at least half-time through-out the internship or, if the internship is to be served after the end of the school year (such as a summer internship), must have been enrolled in and attending such a program during the school year and must be accepted for enrollment in, and must intend to attend, such a program within five months after the end of the school year
* Must have a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale (or the reasonable equivalent, if the program uses a different scale)
Please copy and paste this link into your browser to see the education requirement https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship
** IMPORTANT MESSAGE: You will not be able to apply directly through this USAJOBS site. Please apply directly to the following web address which you will need to copy and paste into your browser https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship by 11:59 p.m., 12/28/18
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your résumé and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement and in following link https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for the intern consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your résumé showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- College transcript(s)
- Summer Course Schedule ( if available at the time of application)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
You will not be able to apply directly through this USAJOBS site. Please apply directly to the following web address. You will need to copy and paste the link into your browser https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship .
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration
Agency contact information
Client Services EOP - OA
AddressOffice of Administration
725 17th Street
Washington, DC 20503
* IMPORTANT MESSAGE: You will not be able to apply directly through this USAJOBS site. Please apply directly to the following web address which you will need to copy and paste into your browser https://apply.whitehouse.gov/oainternship by 11:59 p.m. 12/28/18
The Office of Administration Summer Student Internship Program, May 21- August 16, 2019 is available to dedicated and enthusiastic students as volunteers enrolled in a variety of educational institutions (ranging from community college to law school) and studying a wide range of subjects.
Office of Administration (OA) Interns support the operations of the Executive Office of the President (EOP). The OA provides a great learning environment to anyone considering the Executive Branch, Federal Government and leadership positions. The work of interns provides support to the mission of the (10) other EOP Components. Interns assist the EOP to fulfill their missions and can touch areas of :the myriad of services range from financial management, information technology design & support, human resources management, library & research services, legal services, facility design & maintenance and security, and special programs.
OA Student Internship provides prospective interns an opportunity, unrivaled in its uniqueness, to work in this branch of government. The chance to work and attend events held in and around the White House campus are invaluable experiences and create life-long memories.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Office of Administration, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the OA Internship Coordinator and the Offices of interest to which you selected to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
If you are selected, you will be sent a tentative internship offer. We will conduct a security background investigation and drug screening. If the drug screening is negative and security background is cleared, then a formal job offer will be extended to candidate.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517915500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.