The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex.
- Executes range facility opening, closing, and operating procedures in accordance with installation, local, and federal laws. Maintains communications and follows instructions of the installation range control agency to ensure safe operations.
- Coordinates medical support through the installation range control agency. Instructs patrons on range safety practices, and provides general firearm and marksmanship information. Responsible for all safety issues in the operation of the range.
- Ensures proper handling storage, accountability, inventory of ammunition, and vault security. Issues ammunition and range related accessories to customers, checks ID, and collects fees.
- Checks inventory and supplies, and requests restock. Performs cashier duties and maintains records of sales. Conducts facility and range maintenance.
- Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory, and that customers adhere to safety procedures. Receives and resolves customer complaints. Directs patrons; schedules use of ranges; conducts briefings; and monitors patrons.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, to include a National Agency Check with Inquires (NACI).
- Individual must be able to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance and heavier loads with assistance.
- Must meet age restrictions for the handling of firearms. Position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) as required by Army Regulation 600-85. A negative drug test is required prior to appointment for a TDP. Incumbent will be subject to subsequent random drug test as required.
- Valid Colorado driver's license is required for this position.
- Pre-employment physical is required.
Qualifications1. Must have experience with firing range operations and firearm safety and possess work experience which involved dealing with the general public.
2. Must have cashier skills.
3. Must be able to obtain current Installation Range Certification Card, National Rifle Association (NRA) Range Safety Officer Certification, or equivalent certification within 60 days of entrance on duty.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3PM MST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Military Spouse PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate if not named on PCS Orders, DA 3434, ISMP ID Card, Certificates, Diploma
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressEI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Carson, CO 80911
Fort Carson, "The Mountain Post," is located just south of Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The unparalleled beauty and mild climate of Colorado Springs make it a gateway to a wide variety of outdoor activities. Many internationally known ski areas and some of the nation's most scenic parks and finest hunting and fishing areas are located within a short drive. Fort Carson Families have easy access to the many cultural attractions of "The Springs" and the bright lights of nearby Denver.
*For more information about NAF HRO go to https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/ and like us today!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514088000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.