The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World Wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
This announcement could be used to fill vacancies at the following locations:
- Fort Meade, Maryland
- Routine child care in a day care type of setting
- Helping to set up materials and activities for children or youth
- Receiving and interacting with children or youth
- Attending to children's or youth's physical needs
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position
- At a minimum must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of education is required at the time of application
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verifed through physical examination)
- For Child Development Centers must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds; walk, bend and stand on a routine basis
- Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- A completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks is required
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required
- Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/ or weekends
- Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors
QualificationsFor Entry Level (CY-01):
- At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions (Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
At minimum a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
Proof of education is required at the time of application. In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference, please note: A military spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty member of the US Armed Forces, including the US Coast Guard and the full time National Guard or Reserves. For the purposes of this preference, the marriage must have occurred PRIOR to the service member's relocation via a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move to the military sponsor's new duty station. A copy of your Sponsor's Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders (along with proof of marriage if applicant's name does not appear on sponsor's orders) must be uploaded with your application to receive preference.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions (copy and paste this URL to view kit: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/Applicant_Information_Kit_Army_NAF_Child_Care_Positions.pdf)
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, GED, TRANSCRIPTS, COLLEGE CERTIFICATE
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION ARE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, A GENERAL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA (GED) OR A COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT LISTING COURSES THAT WERE TAKEN. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INDICATING A GRADUATION DATE IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, GED, TRANSCRIPTS, COLLEGE CERTIFICATE
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
Manually:Please refer to the "Addition Information section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
DO NOT USE
Rock Island Arsenal, IL 00000
Want to make an impact? Want to do work that matters?
Join our Fort Meade Child and Youth Services (CYS) team and provide assistance to children in strengthening their social/emotional/academic development, particularly in the areas of science, technology, math and resiliency.
Why do our employees love working for Child and Youth Services (CYS)? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay and great benefits. We are not just an employer, we are a community!
These positions will be used to fill positions across the CYS program in different facilities and age groups. Referrals will be based on the preferences you indicate in the application process
For more information on Child and Youth Services (CYS), find us on Facebook https://meade.armymwr.com/categories/cys-services
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513611600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.