THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D1868000 and is part of the IN 122nd Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
- Planning: Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations.
- Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed.
- Administration: Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies.
- Performs the non-supervisory work of the function as needed.
- Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- This position is INDEFINITE NTE 24 months, with possible extension up to 60 months.
- Specialized Experience Requirements for NGB Federal Wages System Positions for claiming civilian job experience: Creditable experience must have been performed at least 30 days and be properly documented.
- Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
Military Grades: E-8
Compatible Military Assignments:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
After appointment, reassignment, change to lower grade or promotion through an Indiana job vacancy announcement, an employee must wait at least 18 months before applying for another technician position. This does NOT INCLUDE Temp appointments (Tenure 0) or Temp Promotions. If you would like to request a waiver, download the memorandum from https://gko.portal.ng.mil/states/IN/JFHQ/J1%20HRO/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx OR contact the POC if needed. Waivers will only be considered by the Human Resources Officer on a case by case basis AND MUST be submitted with your application.
THIS MEMORANDUM MUST BE ROUTED AND SIGNED AND APPROVED BY YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND WITH THE HRO AS THE FINAL APPROVAL IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED AS A VALID DOCUMENT.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10327363
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressIN 122nd Fighter Wing
3005 Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46809
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513432500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.