The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local Hire.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Pacific, Tokyo, Japan.
- Assigns and monitors work of subordinate employees to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.
- Participates in the definition of graphic and multimedia requirements and develops or assist with the documentation to be use in the process and validation of such requirements.
- In coordination with Director, Interactive Media, develop and execute the direction for the theater-level multimedia graphics department.
- As a multimedia specialist, provides graphics and multimedia technical support to assist in developing, coordinating and implementing a comprehensive graphic design package for external and internal customers.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and/or evaluation/assessment of new technology to provide efficiency and ensure the department is on the cutting edge.
- Keeps abreast of latest technology and applies the knowledge to the design and development of web publishing, visual information products, and print products.
- Provides input on/develop departmental budget.
- Performs full range of supervisory responsibilities which include performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, leave approval, and hiring authority.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement
Qualifications1. Demonstrated graphic design experienced including developing layout, using industry specific software to produce and promote ideas, services and products.
2. Demonstrated experience of implementing HTML code and Flash action scripts for web-sites or web-based applications.
3. Demonstrated experience working in a variety of software including Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Experience Design and/or the up-to-date industry standard graphic design software.
4. Demonstrated experience directing the flow of a department or team to ensure completion of long-and/or short-term projects.
5. Previous lead and/or supervisory experience.
PREFERRED: Supervisory experience in an interactive news media organization.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 180 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- PCS order, DA3434 or equivalen
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressFC-NAF-STSTPC STARS STRIPES PACIFIC
DO NOT MAIL
APO, AP 96343
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Media Activity, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513273900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.