The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Elkhorn Catering & Conference Center.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading.
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing.
- Cleans, stores, and maintains all equipment and work areas after each use.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
- Disassembles, cleans and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1) to include a medical examination.
- Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with the assistance of other workers or lifting devices.
QualificationsWork experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess.
Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable:
a. Neatness and good grooming.
c. Ability to work under pressure.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm MST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Military Spouse PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate if not named on PCS Orders, DA 3434, ISMP ID Card, Certificates, Diploma
- DD 1300
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressEI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Carson, CO 80911
The Elkhorn Catering and Conference Center has up to 24,000 square feet, space for up to 450 guests and scenic views of Cheyenne Mountain.
*For more information about NAF HRO go to https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/ and like us today!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512929000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.