Learn more about this agency
A Job Fair is being held on 29 January 2019 from 10 am to 3 pm at the Bowling Center, Tower Barracks (Grafenwoehr) Building 612.
Please note that applications will be accepted until noon and interviewing will start at 1 pm. Skip the line by pre-applying online and be there for the interview!
These positions are located at Army Lodging, Tower Barracks (Grafenwoehr).
- Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and other areas. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using light and heavy duty powered equipment.
- Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc. Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes toilet facilities. Cleans, and dusts assigned areas. Empties trash.
- Makes beds and changes line. Washes walls, windows, blinds and ceiling fixtures using ladders, scaffolds and safety belt. Moves heavy furniture. Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (To view form, copy this URL: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15.j.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position.
- Required standing and walking on hard and carpeted surfaces with some bending, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of items or carts weighing up to 20 to 40 pounds, and occasionally over 50 pounds.
QualificationsPrior work experience that provided the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs. Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment. Must know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions, and must be able to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces. Must be able to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. Or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. This is an open continuous announcement.Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Your questionnaire responses will be verified against the information submitted in your application.
If multiple resumes are submitted, only the most recent will be reviewed (verified by time stamp).
NOTE: Any applicable preference or priority will NOT be given if supporting documentation has NOT been submitted.
This announcement is within the area of Grafenwoehr, Vilseck, and Netzaberg, Germany. You must provide local contact information (ie. address, phone number, orders) to be considered.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- PCS Orders, Marriage License for Spouse Preference if applicable, DA Form 3434 if applicable, etc
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
2. Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Grafenwoehr NAF HR Office
AddressJJ-NAF-W6FMAA USAG BAVARIA
DO NOT MAIL
APO, AE 09114
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a great team of smart, talented, creative and motivated FMWR professionals?
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military but are crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian member to form a Total Army.
Family and Morale Welfare Recreation (FMWR) programs, services and activities offer Soldiers and Families opportunities to enrich their lives culturally and creatively. Our programs relieve stress, build strength and resilience, and help the Army Family stay physically, mentally, and financially fit.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens of a NATO country (except Germany) eligible for employment under US conditions within the area of Grafenwoehr, Vilseck, and Netzaberg. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512142100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.