The first cut-off date for initial review and referral of applications is 9/6/2018. The second cut-off date for referral of applications is approximately 10/5/2018. After this date, applications will be reviewed and referred, incrementally, until a selection is made or the closing date of this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-14, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b which is generally equal to GS-14.
The DRCD assists the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support to the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) compact country entity in implementation. Specifically, the DRCD plays a critical role in the Compact's success by:
- assisting the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback and support to the MCA, MCC's accountable entity on implementation; assisting with and coordinating between MCA, the Government, and the MCC Resident Country Mission (RCM), and MCC Washington on technical implementation issues;
- Performing field inspections and conducting regular monitoring activities of construction and other project implementation activities, in order to identify, anticipate and troubleshoot potential technical or administrative issues
- assisting the RCD to draft, staff and coordinate with MCA and MCC Washington the timely delivery of all reports, plans, approvals and agreements as may be required for program implementation;
- assisting the RCD in day-to-day management of locally engaged staff, and of the MCC office in country;
- assisting the RCD to manage, supervise and report on MCC's in-country presence, including procurement, staffing, budgeting, financial and asset management needs;
- assisting the RCD in coordinating in-country visits by MCC staff, technical advisors and US government officials;
- assisting with and participating in public outreach and representational events in-country relating to MCC activities and compact implementation, including representing MCC in interactions with congressional delegations, other donors, representatives of local business community and civil society, and other interested parties in-country; and,
- assisting with responsibilities as may otherwise be requested by the RCD to facilitate implementation of the Compact.
Occasional travel - Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50% of the time.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Relocation expenses to post will be authorized
QualificationsTo qualify for pay band 3b
Applicants must have 5 years of experience in or with transitioning or developing countries in either in the private sector or with an international financial institution, multilateral organization, international or local non-government organization (NGO), the U.S. Government or other internationally-focused entity.
Examples of specialized experience includes
(1) experience leading, managing, analyzing, designing, or providing advisory services for large scale (over $10 million) international development programs, particularly in the transport and land sectors, including infrastructure development and institutional reform;
2) experience as a project manager managing large-scale infrastructure and technical assistance programs in developing or emerging markets
(3) developing, negotiating and overseeing complex construction and advisory activities with multimillion dollar annual budgets in a team environment;
(4) experience in provision of technical advice and/or management supervision in the core infrastructure sectors or other areas of MCC focus in developing countries; and
(5) experience in the private sector, a development organization, an international NGO, an international commercial bank, or the U.S. Foreign Service (including the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service, USAID or similar international development agency). NOTE: This experience MUST be well documented on your resume or application.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrated development experience
Robust program management (staffing, budgets and schedule) experience
Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and in a regionally decentralized team environment
Cross-cultural sensitivity and international perspective
Representational capability with all levels and categories of stakeholders, including corporate, NGO, foreign government and U.S. government officials, as well as with community-level stakeholders
Demonstrated information technology skills including Microsoft projectExcellent communication strategy (oral and written) skills
- Experience working in transitioning or developing countries, particularly in South Asia, and most specifically in Sri Lanka.
- Experience working on transportation and land sector projects including but not limited to advisory or project management experience involving policy reforms, institutional development and/or infrastructure construction projects.
- Experience interacting and engaging with private sector companies and other organizations specific to the transport sector.
- An advanced degree in engineering, finance, economics, international development, business, or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with Sri Lankan history, politics, and culture and language proficiency in Sinhala or Tamil.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- Other benefits may include: Convenient location to metro, eligibility to join State Department Federal Credit Union, flexible work schedule and free use of an on-site gym and locker room with shower facility.
- Relocation expenses to post will be authorized
- This is a full-time, excepted service term position that will last approximately 7 years. MCC has the option of extending this term appointment.
- Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50% of the time.
- The successful candidate for the DRCD position will enter into a service agreement with MCC that sets forth the details and requirements of the service term.
- The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. "The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position."
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program: If you are an eligible ICTAP applicant you may apply for special selection consideration. You must meet minimum qualifications, including selective factors, experience, and education requirements (if applicable), and be rated well-qualified for the position (i.e., placed in the well qualified
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Probationary/Trial Period: You may be required to serve a one-year probationary/trial period.
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
How You Will Be Evaluated
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME)will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as ):
- Minimum Qualifications
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training they report relative to this position and the degree to which they possess the knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies listed on this vacancy announcement.
Note: We recommend that your application specifically and clearly show your possession of the specialized experience qualification requirements and possession of the KSAs/ competencies listed above.
Application of veteran's Preference:. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Resume - Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- Responses to Occupational Questionnaire
- Unofficial college transcripts - if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify "Unofficial" transcripts are acceptable. If selected for the position, prior to your appointment, an official transcript will be required.
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above.
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation.
- For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities, http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/individualswithdisabilities.asp,http://www.opm.gov/disability
- Form - Demographic Information on Applicants, OMB No. 3046-0046. This form is available at http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/upload/OMB-3046-0046.pdf (Optional).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST use USAJOBS-formatted resume using Resume Builder to apply to this position and to ensure that you have submitted a complete application. For tips on preparing your resume see: (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/).
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Once your application is ready, you'll be sent from USAJOBS to the application system. Follow the prompts to complete your application and the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure that you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 10289519. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/21/2018.
If you cannot apply online:
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documentations to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
AddressDepartment of Compact Operations - DCO
1099 14th St, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
The Deputy Resident Country Director (DRCD) position resides in the Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America (EAPLA) division of MCC's Department of Compact Operations and reports to the Resident Country Director for Sri Lanka. The DRCD for Sri Lanka will be physically based in Colombo, Sri Lanka. As an official U.S. Government employee (USG), the RCD will be part of the USG country team and will collaborate closely with the U.S. Embassy in Colombo.
MCC's model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Millennium Challenge Corporation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Upon receipt of the online questionnaire, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will assess your experience and transcript(s) (if appropriate), identify the best-qualified applicants, and refer those applications to the hiring manager for further consideration and interview. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. We expect to make a final job offer within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508880400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.