THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN AMENDED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATELearn more about this agency
This position is located in the Persian News Network (PNN) of the Voice of America. Incumbent is assigned to the Central News and Production Unit (CNPU) within PNN. He or she may be assigned to work on any program being broadcast by PNN. Serves as a Producer responsible for the flawless on-air execution of live Persian television programs, including the production of high quality packages.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates a rundown, times the segments, and line produces live or taped shows. Ensures that all the production elements, packages, graphics and chyrons in the show are accurate and shown in order.
- Coordinates production elements in a timely fashion. Assigns writer producers and segment producers to edit rooms. Coordinates the incoming daily tape feeds.
- Must be precise and comprehensive in communicating vital program/production information, e.g. satellite placement, requests for live and taped studio facilities and crews, and coordination with set and graphic designers as well as technical and show directors, and the language versioning staff.
- Works closely with the Executive Producers and Managing Editors to provide input and advice as to the best format or method to achieve the program objectives.
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region to ensure the competitiveness of TV and radio programming in the marketplace. Regularly reviews programming and advises on aesthetic look and quality of television packages.
- When required, may be assigned to field produce shoots and turn around to edit news and feature packages (ADOBE PREMIERE). Responsible for directing an on-location production when required, along with communicating the report/segments with the on-air talent and including performing editorial research.
- Edits (technical) highly targeted, in-depth original news stories in different formats: TV packages, intros, VO's, VOSOT's- for TV program. Subjects covered may include international affairs, politics, economics, cultural affairs, scientific developments, and health issues on a national and international level.
- As assigned, conducts pre-interviews for guest appearances and does extensive research prior to the interview to ensure they are as informative as possible, accurate, balanced, and in a comprehensive manner.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Applicants MUST be a Non-US citizen.
- Country of Citizenship MUST be indicated on CV/resume.
- Candidate may be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Selectee will be subject to an investigation for suitability determination for federal employment.
- Candidates MUST complete online questionnaire.
- US citizens MUST apply to vacancy announcement #: DE-10272304-18-MA.
- This is a sensitive or national security position.
- If selected, this position requires the completion of the SF-86.
- Your application to this Non-Citizen vacancy announcement will only allow consideration for this announcement.
- We cannot electronically or manually move your application to the concurrently advertised DE announcement. Please ensure you are applying under the correct announcement.
- This vacancy is being advertised under the Excepted Service procedures and is open to all Non-U.S. citizens. This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under Delegated Examining procedures for all U.S. Citizens.
- THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-US CITIZENS ONLY
QualificationsBasic Qualifications: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, which is directly related to this line of work, AND must be bilingual in Persian and English languages in order to produce Television shows in the Persian language along with being able to line produce and communicate with anchors.
Specialized Experience: is experience that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience includes: knowledge of the latest techniques and processes of television production and live satellite broadcasting including breaking news; wide knowledge of all modern production, editing principles and practices, to direct the development and production of complex television programs; including a demonstrated knowledge of national and international news events and trends in order to effectively direct a live or pre-taped news or public affairs program.
Applicants cannot substitute education for experience.
- If you are still on active duty, you may submit a statement of service from your Personnel Command which states that date you entered active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received.
- If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment with this agency.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once your resume or application is submitted, a review of your qualifications will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies required for this position.
Possession of competencies may be address in a cover letter and/or resume. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
- Cover letter
- DD 214 (Member copy 4)
- Other Veterans Documentation, (SF-15, VA Letter, Statement of Service)
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
If you cannot complete the application package online, please contact the Human Resources Office.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 08/31/2018
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log into your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
Click the Submit Application button to submit your application package.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation are submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://login.usajobs.gov/account/signin. The page will display the position for which you've applied as well as the status of each application. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the job title to expand information about the job, then click on Additional Application Information to see the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click on the plus sign (+) next to the job title to expand information about the job. Next click on Update Application to complete the application process.
Note: Submission of a resume alone IS NOT a complete application. This position requires the completion of additional forms and/or supplemental materials as described previously. Please carefully review the complete job announcement and the How to Apply instructions. Failure to provide the required information and/or materials, by 11:59 PM (EST) on 08/31/2018 will result in your not being considered for employment.
Agency contact information
AddressPersian News Network
330 Independence Avenue SW
Room 4700 Cohen Building
Washington, DC 20237
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may apply or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interest candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Orange, Silver, Yellow and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY: The Broadcasting Board of Governors is an exciting, multi-media, multi-cultural, global media agency that carries out all United States civilian international broadcasting. Our media networks complement and reinforce one another in a shared mission vital to U.S. national interests: to inform, engage, and connect people around the world in support of freedom and democracy. Our staff of dedicated professionals serve as an example of a free and independent media, bringing news, information, and relevant discussions to a weekly audience of over 278 million people worldwide in over 60 languages via radio, television, Internet, and social media.
BBG media networks include the Voice of America and the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti) and three grantee organizations: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Broadcasting Board of Governors, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made, you will be notified. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506676500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.