These positions are assigned to Rinehart Fitness Center, Aquatics Division.Learn more about this agency
The initial cut-off date for this vacancy announcement is 07/30/2018. Additional applications will be referred as vacancies occur.
- Performs lifeguarding duties and limited management functions.
- Directs the operation of the pool and the work of assigned lifeguards.
- Ensures the safe operation of the pool, it's filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water test.
- Responsible for teaching aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.
- The following certificates must be obtained within 6 months of appointment: American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent.
- In addition, the incumbent may be subject to additional background checks if required to have regular and recurring contact with children.
QualificationsPossess and maintain the following certificates:
- American Red Cross "Lifeguard" certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification.
- American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer" (CPR-Pro) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates (CPR) Certification.
- American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- May be converted to permanent without further competition.
- Positions under this vacancy announcement may be filled with multiple employment categories (ex: Flexible/Intermittent - scheduled or as needed, Regular full and part time etc.).
- You must provide and upload legible copy/copies of the following: DD-214 (member 4/2 copy), "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", showing all dates of service, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.) or Statement of Service/Proof of Service (in lieu of a DD-214) from your command or local Personnel Support Detachment (PSD).
- Military Retirees may apply but are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
A copy of supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application!
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DA3434, PCS Orders and Marriage License for Military Spouses
A copy of supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application!
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 03:59 pm on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
CHRA Fort Sill NAF
AddressEK-NAF-W6CSAA US ARMY GARRISON FT SILL
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Sill, OK 73503
Located in SW OK near the Texas border, Fort Sill adjoins the city of Lawton, OK. The total population of the city and our installation combined is approx. 100,000. The cost of living is reasonable; public bus transportation is available. Fort Sill is within 1 1/2 hours driving distance to Oklahoma City and 3 hours driving time to the Dallas/Fort Worth metro. Commercial flights are available to the commercial airport in Lawton, OK (9 miles from post). Fort Sill enjoys an outstanding cooperative relationship with the City of Lawton. Our beautiful installation is steeped in natural, living history. It is the only active Army Installation on the Southern Plains which was built during the Indian Wars. Fort Sill is a national historic landmark, and our museum is full of early frontier artifacts.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506152700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.