DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.Learn more about this agency
- Performs office automation work, including word processing, and a variety of clerical functions in support of the school to which assigned.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, forms, reports, and statistical material in draft or final form from oral instruction, handwritten drafts, typewritten rough drafts, or voice recordings.
- Responsible for correct format, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Inputs and extracts information from an automated database, spreadsheet, or other software document.
- Performs a variety of substantive duties such as ensuring background material, files, and reports are retrieved and assembled for incoming requests or written correspondence. Performs basic fact-finding tasks, copies pertinent material, retrieves files, maintains inventory records, replenishes supplies, and makes telephone inquiries to obtain information.
- Responds to questions and inquiries requiring a basic knowledge of the organization, mission, and functions of the organizational unit to which assigned.
- Assists with or exercises responsibility for compiling various statistical reports relating to the work unit.
- Assists higher-graded personnel in special projects by performing various clerical support functions.
- Organizes and maintains office files and records. Manages suspense files and related internal administrative controls.
- Receives visitors to the work unit and answers phone calls, directing inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Makes travel arrangements, keeps time and attendance records, opens and distributes mail, and directs calls to various organizations (DoDEA areas, districts, schools, etc.).
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens and reside within the local commuting area where the position is located. Local commuting area is defined as the geographic area surrounding a work site that encompasses the localities where people live and reasonably can be expected to travel back and forth daily to work based on the generally held expectations of the local community. (5 CFR 575.203)
- All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package.
- Applicants may be required to complete a 2-year probationary or trial period.
- You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
- Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every five years.
- A qualified typist is required for this position (40wpm).
QualificationsIn order to qualify for these positions, applicants must possess one year of general work experience that has equipped the applicant with knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. General experience is defined as progressively responsible clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Applicants must possess: one year general experience; or two years post-high school level education; or a combination of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
Work schedules may be part-time, full-time or school year seasonal. Some positions are part-time with seasonal work schedules. School year seasonal work schedules include periods in a non-pay/non-duty status during the holiday, spring and summer recess periods.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Citizenship/Ordinarily Resident Status: Applicants must be U.S. citizens who are not considered Ordinarily Resident under the applicable Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA). An ordinarily resident is anyone who has lived in the host country longer than the allowed number of days without being a member of the forces assigned, civilian component or a family member of either the aforementioned or who has obtained a work permit for any duration. Ordinarily Resident restrictions apply and vary depending on the host nation.
Dual Citizens: Applicants who hold dual American/German citizenship will not be appointed to positions in Germany. Citizenship eligibility will be verified prior to appointment.
Family member appointments will expire based on the sponsor's rotation date. Family member appointments may not exceed two months after an employee is no longer considered a family member within the local commuting area due to PCS or divorce of sponsor or, in the case of a child, the age of 23. Family members are defined according to the DODI 1400.25, Vol.1232 as: For a military member whose duty station is in a foreign area, the member's spouse or unmarried dependent child. For a civilian US employee as defined by section 2105 of Title 5, United States Code, the employee's spouse, domestic partner, or unmarried dependent child, or unmarried child of the employee's spouse or domestic partner. A family member must physically reside with his or her sponsor to receive family member preference.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once your application is complete, the Human Resources Office will compare your resume and supporting documentation against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this position. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documents, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted, including marking you ineligible for this position.
Applicants will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, selection preference will in the following order:
1) Military Spouse preference applicants and all applicants with veteran's preference
2) Family Member applicants without veteran's preference
3) Excepted service family member applicants and Current DoDEA employees
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on 04/30/2019. You are not required to submit a document if it does not apply to you.
- All applicants must submit the Overseas Pre-Employment Data Form with their application. The form is located at http://www.dodea.edu/Europe/offices/hr/upload/PreEmploymentDataForm.pdf
- Transcripts, if applicable
- Eligibility documentation
- Copy of latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if applicant has current or previous Federal civil service experience.
- Applicants requesting Military Spouse Preference (MSP) must submit the following documents along with their completed application:
a. Military Spouse Employment Request Form
b. A copy of the sponsor's Permanent Change of Station orders indicating authorization of dependent travel; or a Command Sponsorship letter and marriage certificate, if you are not on the sponsor's orders
- Applicants claiming 5-point veteran's preference must submit a copy of DD-214 (copy member 4), Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Applicants claiming 10-point veteran's preference must complete SF-15 http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf as well as the required documentation indicated on the SF-15. Lack of supporting documentation will result in the agency's inability to recognize veteran status for this announcement.
Note: Applicants WILL NOT be considered or rated if all of the forms indicated above are not included in application packet.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 04/30/2019 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
* Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
* It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
* To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
* To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
* It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Agency contact information
DoDEA Europe South District
AddressDoDEA Europe South District Office
Unit 31401 Box 11
APO, AE 09630
Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? If so, then we are looking for you!
The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military-connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence. DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, and coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Department of Defense Education Activity, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501699400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.