Are you ready to love your job? Want to enjoy what you are doing each and every day? Is making a difference important to you? The Veterans Health Administration is looking for an energetic motivated individual ready to lead one of the most stimulating and important offices in the Department of Veterans Affairs...creating innovations that advance health care for our Veterans and the nation.Learn more about this agency
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: N/A
Appraised Value Offer (AVO): N/A
Relocation Expenses: Authorized
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
The Executive Director for Procurement and Logistics is the principal advisor to the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Administrative Operations (ADUSH/AO) and other key officials within the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) on matters pertaining to VHA's supply chain organization, which includes acquisition and logistics. This involves developing the annual VHA Acquisition Plan that forms the basis for VHA's acquisition strategy, developing a comprehensive plan for the standardization of health care supplies and equipment, and developing improvements to the supply chain management within VHA. This position is responsible for building strategic alliances with facility and service center executives, directors, and staff as it relates to successfully performing the services required. This position is most ideally suited for someone with a strong background in healthcare and hospital supply chain management with progressive leadership experience as well as a working knowledge of the contracting process in the federal government.
This position is a highly visible role, interacting with senior leadership and clinicians/physicians on a regular basis. The Executive Director for Procurement and Logistics will guide the organization's supply chain transformation, developing agile, new integrated systems and technologies to advance the organization's $14 billion medical supply chain spend program. The incumbent will also serve on multiple hospital and system-wide committees as a representative of the department. This individual is responsible for leading change positively, and setting the tone of the department as a service organization, continuously seeking to understand, meet, and exceed customer needs to improve healthcare quality for Veterans. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and nurturing the next generation of leaders who will introduce new ideas and fresh approaches in a dynamic environment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- 4-Year 7306 appointment with potential for re-appointment (not guaranteed)
QualificationsTo qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 06/15/2018.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
- Demonstrated experience working in a Healthcare Environment
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to managing a world-class clinical supply chain program
- Comprehensive knowledge of the entire spectrum of healthcare procurement and integrated supply chain activities, including but not limited to inventory control, contracting, logistics, the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and related quality and performance measurement systems, tools and processes.
- Advanced degree in a related area is preferred
DEMONSTRATED LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must possess extensive leadership experience in the health care arena sufficient to qualify for the equivalent of a senior executive equivalent position within the Federal service. In addition, the incumbent is broadly acquainted with supply chain management and, administrative and clinical support systems and is knowledgeable about multifaceted health care delivery systems.
In addition to basic requirements, the following technical and executive core qualifications are required for this position. Typically, these qualifications would be gained through education, experience and training which reflect progressive development and achievement in responsible management/executive level assignments in health care at a national or Network level, equivalent positions in a hospital/network/regional office or allied medical care facility, or executive positions in an academic institution. An individual's total experience and education must demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position. If you are currently a federal employee, this type of experience is typically found at positions at the GS-15 level and above.
To meet the minimum qualifications, applicants must possess all of the necessary requirements for this position, you MUST SHOW in your RESUME that you possess the five Mandatory Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and Technical Qualification(s) outlined below. Eligibility will be based on clear and concise accomplishments that emphasize your level of responsibilities, scope and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments (with results), policy initiatives and level of contacts.
Applicants can obtain a sample resume along with additional information regarding the Executive Core Qualifications on the Internet at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/qualify.asp.
A. EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
- ECQ 1. LEADING CHANGE: Ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- ECQ 2. LEADING PEOPLE: Ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- ECQ 3. RESULTS DRIVEN: Ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- ECQ 4. BUSINESS ACUMEN: Ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Applicants may focus on resource management, with particular emphasis on financial management (budget).
- ECQ 5. BUILDING COALITIONS: Ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Applicants may demonstrate that they have external contacts as well as internal interactions.
- Knowledge of mission, organization programs and requirements of healthcare contracting, logistics and acquisition systems, and the ability to manage and direct a health care program at a national level.
1. Extensive knowledge and experience in healthcare and hospital supply chain management.
2. Working knowledge of the Federal Government contracting process.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must submit a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
Veterans' Preference does not apply to Senior Executive Equivalent positions.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Physical Requirements: Most of the work performance is at a desk, in an office setting. The position does require touring of the medical center for direct supervision, survey and environment of care issues. The incumbent occasionally carries books and papers to and from meetings and conferences.
How You Will Be Evaluated
In describing your experience please is clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified; errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- If currently a federal employee, include a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action outlining your current pay plan, series, and grade. (If you have held a higher graded position in the past, please include a SF-50 to verify the level served.)
- Non-Federal Employees must submit recent pay documentation.
- Copy of your most recent performance appraisal.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 06/15/2018 to receive consideration. To preview the questionnaire click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10221481.
1. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USA JOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
2. Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.
NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USA JOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Application page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USA JOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USA JOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
AddressVeterans Health Administration - 1007
810 Vermont Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20420
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USA Jobs account and clicking on Applications. Information regarding your application status can be found in the USAJobs Help Center.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501183900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.