This position is part of the Defense Human Resources Activity, Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service.Learn more about this agency
The DCPAS Mission is to be the enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness. DCPAS is responsible for developing and delivering civilian personnel policies and human resources
solutions to strengthen the DoD civilian workforce's mission readiness and enhance all aspects of the total civilian lifecycle.
As a Personnel Research Psychologist at the GS-0180-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as DoD's senior expert in Industrial/Organizational Psychology theories, concepts, principles, methods and techniques *including, but not limited to formal job analysis, validity strategy, measurement objectives, psychometric analysis, personnel assessment, test construction, advance statistics, and logic.
- Provide senior-level consultation services, advice, and assistance to all DoD Components, Senior Executives, and Functional Communities on the development, validation, and implementation of competencies into Human Capital Initiatives and Programs.
- Prepare complete and comprehensive technical reports to document all components of the job analysis, assessment development, and data analysis.
- Perform all phases of the research process, including problem definition, planning, execution, analysis, interpretation and reporting results; determining the proper interpretation and use of research findings and identifying implications to workforce initiatives.
- Develop predictive models that forecast trends and requirements through the application of scientific methodologies and analytic techniques.
- Create data collection plans for testing before use in large scale data collection programs.
- Oversee the development and administration of workforce competency assessments, gap assessments, and collection of raw data for analysis and oversee the development of competency models.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Work Schedule: Fulltime
- Overtime: None
- Tour of Duty: Set Schedule
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
QualificationsIn addition to meeting qualifications, your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the Individual Occupational Requirements for the series.
Degree: major or equivalent in psychology.
Transcripts must be provided.
You may qualify at the GS-14, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Provide key guidance to Personnel Psychologist, and partners with senior analysts and senior Human Resources Specialists in reviewing and analyzing civilian workforce data.
- Apply academic studies, research findings, and industry best practices in the development and implementation of the major organization competency management policy, guidance and assessment tools.
- Lead and advise a major organization on the development of technical system requirements for workforce planning and functional competency assessment tools.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position Does Not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
How You Will Be Evaluated
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified below, required for this position.
- Data Management
- Research Psychology
Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
Best Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
Highly Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s) as determined by the job analysis.
Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s) and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- College transcript(s), Required. We accept unofficial transcripts, as long as they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received in this office by 11:59 P.M. EST on 05/11/2018 in order to be considered.
- Most recent SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action showing you are/were in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held (if applying as a status candidate with current or former Federal Service and not serviced by DLA).
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- DD-214, SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Non-competitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
PLEASE REVIEW the following LINK for additional documents you need to provide: Supporting Documents
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
Agency contact information
DE Applicant Inquires
AddressDefense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22350-1100
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicants reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter.
A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicants reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter.
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496509100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.