The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Greely and surrounding communities within 150 miles of the installation. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Aquatics Center, Fort Greely, AK.
Referral cut off dates for this position will be the first and fifteenth of each month.
For mor information on this position click here.
- Serves as lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools (may include water parks and/or beach fronts) and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager or pool supervisor.
- Performs life guarding duties and employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for life guarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility.
- Assists with scheduling of staff and programs, tracking inventory and ordering supplies. Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from any hazards.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Immunizations may be required.
- Required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment. May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
QualificationsPossesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis); First Aid. Customer service experience.
Highly Desirable: American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Lifeguard Instructor Certification; OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Water Safety Instructor Certification.
In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Oxygen Administration) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty.
Applicants meeting the Highly Desired criteria will be referred to management first.
Documents to support required certification must be submitted at the time of application.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Certificates, PCS Orders and marriage license if applicable, DA 3434 or equivalent if applicable, DA 3433
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 a.m. on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Alaska NAF CPAC
AddressEV-NAF-W6JSAA USAG FT GREELY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Greely, AK 99731
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496297300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.