The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Carlisle Barracks NAF Human Resources Office.
FOR ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION, PLEASE SEE FASCLASS PD# 19563 - https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiG%2BIU5mZlIuelKpVg2o%3D
- Supervises employees performing the full range of human resources (HR) services
- Develops internal office policies and procedures in the areas applicable to the nonappropriated fund (NAF) HR Program
- Performs site visits to serviced activities, analyzes trends, measures performance, generates reports and develops proactive strategies for continuous process improvement in HR servicing
- Audits subordinate work and existing records to ensure compliance with Army regulation
- Identifies weaknesses and strengths of provided services
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- A one year supervisory probationary period may be required
- Occasional travel for training purposes to off post locations is required
- Completed and signed copy of job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- This is a CHRA NAF Career Path III position. Incumbent must complete the requirements for CHRA NAF Career Path III within twenty-four (24) months of placement into the position
- Possess twenty-four (24) months of work experience in a federal human resources (HR) office or equivalent as a HR Specialist which demonstrates knowledge of at least two of the following functional HR competencies: Staffing & Recruitment, Position Classification, Management Employee Relations, Labor Relations, or Training. Experience analyzing, evaluating and recommending appropriate resolutions to complex interrelated Human Resources problems and issues. (The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to no lower than the NF-04 pay band.)
- Possess prior experience using Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work with a variety of human resources information systems.
In addition to above minimum qualification requirements, applicants will possess twenty-four (24) months of prior work experience in a NAF HR Office and have completed training in Basic Staffing, Customer service, Organizational structure, Basic Writing, Time Management, Personnel Management, Leadership, Critical Thinking, Labor Relations, Management Employee Relations, Mediation, Accountability and Effective Communication Skills.
Note for Internal and External Applicants: In order to receive full consideration for "highly preferred" criteria, the applicant must provide the following support documentation: Course Title, Course Description, Duration of course (i.e...3 hours or 3 days), Certificate of Completion and/or Training History or transcript.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
Candidates will be rated against Highly Preferred criteria and qualified candidates will be referred to the Hiring Manager.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority consideration:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434, PCS Orders for Military Spouses, BBA Letter, Involuntarily Separated Military
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF HR Office Office or representative listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF HR Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 11:59 AM EST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Agency contact information
DO NOT MAIL
Carlisle Barracks, PA 17013
CHRA Mission: Recruit, develop, and sustain a professional civilian workforce through effective, efficient, and responsive Human Resource products and advisory services. CHRA Vision: Supporting America's Army by providing and sustaining World Class Civilian Employees, earning the recognition as Best in Class.
Historical Carlisle Barracks is home to the U.S. Army War College (USAWC). Nestled in the beautiful Susquehanna Valley, Carlisle Barracks is one of our nation's oldest military installations. Carlisle is located within two to three hours of New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Baltimore.
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at US Army Civilian Human Resources Agency, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492122500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.