The Area of Consideration for this announcement is Ft. Greely and surrounding communities within 150 miles of the installation.(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This announcement will be used to fill multiple positions within Child and Youth School Services on Ft. Greely.
Candidates will be referred on an as needed basis.
- Serves as a team leader for program staff with responsibility for the operation and program in accordance with applicable regulations in one or more CY programs. Maintains control of and accounts for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Assists in providing and leading planned activities for program participants.
- Performs the more routine simple child-care tasks, following step-by-step instructions.
- Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities and on field trips, outings, and special events.
- Completes training requirements using approved OSD and Service materials to include designated training modules.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A health assessment is required. Immunizations may be required.
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf)
- Must be 18 years of age at time of employment.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15m, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer routine/ rescue medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children/youth with a special need
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
- Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
QualificationsTo qualify for Entry Level, candidate must:
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
To qualify for Skill Level:
In addition to the above, candidate must possess:
Three months of experience working in a group program with children or youth, plus Army or other military service Entry Level Training as evidenced by service-issued Certificate of Completion.
Six months of experience working in a group program with children or youth, plus nine (9) semester hours of college credit with course content directly related to the age group to which assigned, for example: Child Development Centers: Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education. School Age: Elementary Education, Child Development, Youth Development, Special Education. Youth Services: Youth Development, Secondary Education, Human Development, Youth Program Administration, Recreation, Physical Education, or directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting. General psychology/sociology coursework is not qualifying). One year vocational certificate in child care or equivalent to other child/youth programs meets the intent of the education requirement.
To qualify for Target Level:
In addition to Entry Level requirements listed above, candidate must possess:
1. Two years of specialized experience working in a group program with children or youth PLUS
2. An associate's degree or at least 60 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content directly related to the age group to which assigned, for example: Child Development Centers: Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education. School Age: Elementary Education, Child Development, Youth Development, Special Education. Youth Services: Youth Development, Secondary Education, Human Development, Youth Program Administration, Recreation, Physical Education, or directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting. General psychology/sociology coursework is not qualifying).
OR one of the following:
1. Possess and maintain one of the following directly related to the age group of the position to which assigned: Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Military School Age Credential, Army Youth Practicum or other nationally recognized Youth Development Credential.
2. A bachelor's Degree or at least 120 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content as indicated above.
You must submit a copy of your high school diploma and/or college transcripts in order to receive consideration for this position.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click here to view form or copy this URL into your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf)
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Marriage Certificate, PCS Orders, DA Form 3434, DA Form 3433
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3pm AST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Alaska NAF CPAC
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Greely, AK 99731
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490110500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.