TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system avionics complexes consisting of multiple completely integrated electronic avionics systems where the complex accomplishes a number of major functions.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter at 210-925-6016 before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard,
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and
- All individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
- May be required to work shifts.
- This announcement is open for one year or until filled, whichever comes first. Applicants will be reviewed and referred (as applicable) to the selecting supervisor after 30 days.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic (Target Grade WG-13)
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on one or more multi-complex electronic integrated systems.
- Reviews and analyzes maintenance data; determines if criteria are sufficient to provide adequate test, troubleshooting and repair procedures; devises and recommends tests, procedural changes, or data corrections.
- Troubleshoots operational malfunctions and analyzes system performance utilizing aircrew debrief data, Technical Orders, schematic and wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, data analysis, common and system-specific test equipment and built in system tests.
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
- May upload and download chaff/flare dispensers.
- May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire-fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, serve as a security guard, remove snow, load and handle munitions, launch/recover and service aircraft, operate heavy equipment, maintain facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (see Areas of Consideration), Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- May be required to complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP).
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMD): Applicant must be Duty AFSC assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
WG-12: In addition to the Specialized Experience listed below, applicants must minimally meet the compatible three-skill level or five-skill level AFSC (2A334 or 2A354) for appointment. Additionally, the selected employee(s) will enter a formal career skill-development using an Individual Development Plan (IDP). After the employee completes all required military training and is awarded the seven-skill level AFSC and has completed all assigned IDP skill tasks, with concurrence from the supervisor, the employee may be considered for non-competitive promotion to the WG-13 position.
WG-13: In addition to the Specialized Experience listed below, applicants meeting the seven-skill level AFSC (2A374), completion of all IDP skill tasks, and concurrence from the supervisor, may be appointed as a WG-13.
Military Grades: NTE E6 (TSgt)
To qualify at the WG-12 and WG-13 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment experience reflecting at least 18 months experience or training in the following: Experience or training in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic integrated systems equipment. Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic integrated systems equipment. Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment. Experience in using a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE). Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
There is not an educational requirement for this position.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
2. Other supporting documents: N/A
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10087290~
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Human Resources Office
AddressTX 149th Fighter Wing
108 Hensley St
San Antonio, TX 78236
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5), what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489454200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.