Initial Cut-Off Date: 28 January 2018 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST)Learn more about this agency
Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur as additional vacancies become available or at the request of the Hiring Manager.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is is for Citizens and Non-Citizens within West Point's local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The mission of the Directorate of Cadet Activities (DCA) is to significantly enhance the development of the United States Corps of Cadets militarily, physically, academically, moral-ethically, spiritually, and socially by providing organized, comprehensive and diverse programs and facilities, which provide for entertainment, extracurricular, recreational, cultural and social activities.
Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
This position is located at Eisenhower Hall
"The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position."
- Performing routine duties of servicing banquets either by providing for set menu banquets or taking individual orders.
- This position is basically waiter work, with fewer procedure requirements than those involved in positions in restaurant, cafe or bar operations.
- Involved in setting up and breaking down banquet settings and replenishing beverages.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
2. Medical examination is required.
3 Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must meet the state/local age requirement for the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- No prior training or work experience required.
- Applicants must be able to follow simple oral and/or written instructions.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click here to view form or copy this URL into your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf)
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3433, DA 3434, Military Permanent Change of Station Orders, Marriage Certificate
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than ?3:00 PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
626 Swift Road
West Point, New York 10996
Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement.
**Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC**
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
West Point NAF Human Resources Office
DO NOT MAIL
West Point, NY
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at U.S. Military Academy, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a Case-by-Case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488484900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.