The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
A BOLD SPIRIT. A PROUD HISTORY. Ad Inexplorata. It means "Toward The Unexplored." This motto defines the very spirit and history of Edwards Air Force Base, CA. It is where Capt. "Chuck" Yeager became the first human to break the sound barrier, where tomorrow's ambitious aviation breakthroughs continue to become reality and where talented civilian professionals experience truly unique careers.Learn more about this agency
This is an acquisition demonstration project position, NH-1529-03, equivalent to the GS-12/13, WITH A TYPICAL SALARY RANGE OF $106,397 - $125,706
For more information on Acq Demo please go to the following links:
DoD AcqDemo Homepage: http://acqdemo.hci.mil/
Fact Sheet: http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Federal Employees with Other Appointment Eligibilities, (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
As a Mathematical Statistician NH-1529-03, you will provide statistical support for test planning, analysis, and reporting for ground and flight tests within the Test Wing and for training, educating, and instructing personnel in statistical principles, methods, and techniques. You will also;
- Function as the primary statistical analyst at the Combined Test Forces (CTF).
- Assist in developing courseware, training material, and statistical software as well as provide a leadership role in classroom instruction and training in the use of statistics in ground and flight tests.
- Assist in developing statistical methods to advance the practice of statistics in ground and flight tests.
- Mentor less experienced statistical analysts, review methods and research proposed and produced by Flight staff.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty Assingment (TDY) approximatley 20 days per year.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
DRUG TESTING: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED FOR DRUG TESTING. IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO URINALYSIS TESTING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO RANDOM URINALYSIS TESTING AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) Statement: This position is designated a NON-CRITICAL APDP position. Category: 4T-Test & Evaluation, Level: 2-Intermediate Level II
This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP). The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification requirements applicable to the career category designated on the position description within 24 months of assignment. This position also requires the employee to engage in acquisition continuous learning activities achieving 80 Continuous Learning points every 24 months.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN TOP SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The work is mainly sedentary, but may require some walking in offices, production areas, utility plants, laboratories, and work areas.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work area is usually an office setting that is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. May occasionally be exposed to uncomfortable conditions in facilities such as production facilities and utility plants.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within a field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11), (NH-II) pay band or equivalent. Specialized Experience: is to provide statistical support for test planning, analysis, and reporting for ground and flight tests within the Test Wing and for training, educating, and instructing Test Wing personnel in statistical principles, methods, and techniques.
A degree that includes 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics, or A combination of education and experience with at least 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, including at least 12 hours in mathematics and 6 hours in statistics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts, principles, and techniques across multiple interrelated and integrated technical flight test disciplines.
2. Knowledge of flight and laboratory air vehicle/missile test conduct, coordination and supervision, data analysis/evaluation and applicable flight test truth sources, modeling and simulation, technical report preparation, and administrative aspects of flight test programs.
3. Ability to plan and organize work, coordinate between various electronic/aerospace/mechanical engineering and test disciplines, and coordinate with other Air Force agencies.
4. Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
5. Strong ability to maintain good working relations and to provide mentoring and training to less experienced technical and clerical personnel as well as to provide technical leadership.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - must contain the university logo (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 01/08/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10089090
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10089090
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Edwards AFB Help Line
5 N Seller Avenue
Bldg 3000 Rm 120
Edwards AFB, CA 93524
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air Force Materiel Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487078200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.