If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
- Responsible for managing major elements of the organizations' s assigned program segment's including engineering planning, designing, and reviewing designs of information systems(primarily software application and virtualization systems) which are designed as a total integrated system.
- Develop conceptual approaches and test strategies that will efficiently and effectively determine a system's ability to meet performance and interoperability requirements.
- Conduct analytical techniques such as mathematical modeling; systems analysis; statistical analysis econometrics, to analyze and evaluate a variety of technical solutions and technologies.
- Formulate, guide or direct analytical studies to develop strategies for achieving approved long rang objectives in advancing the state of art in test and evaluations technologies, methodologies, and facilities.
- Conduct test and evaluations of systems and coordinate technical planning in installation activities by relating future program plans to projected requirements, available resources, and installation responsibilities.Serve as a team leader on projects, establishing priorities, milestones, and objectives of the project/program, and manages project/program schedule and resources.
50% or less - Travel 50% or less
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current or Former Permanent Federal Employees, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles, Schedule A eligibles, Military Spouses Preference eligibles in the local area, Peace Corps eligibles, and other individuals eligible under Special Appointment Authorities
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Background investigation required.
- Drug Testing position.
- Frequent travel.
Background or Security Investigation:
The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
QualificationsTime in Grade:
For entry at the GS-14 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-13 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
For the GS-854 and GS-855 Professional Engineering Series:
Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
Specified academic courses
Related curriculum - With this criteria, applicants also need verification of employment from a supervisor stating you have performed professional engineering duties.For more detailed information on the above criteria, please go to http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800/
For the GS-1550 Computer Science Series:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
For the GS-14, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-13 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience developing test plans and strategies for future system requirements, conducting test and evaluations of systems and mathematical and statistical modeling. Experience as a project manager.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
Competencies:Engineering and Technology, Project Management, and Technical Competence
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at this grade level.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs will not be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives are not authorized.
- This position is subject to reassignment requirements, in accordance with the DISA Civilian Workforce Agility, Mobility, and Development Program.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AS THEY APPLY STATED BELOW AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
1. Transcripts (REQUIRED) - This position has a positive education requirement; you must submit all of your transcripts. Also, if applying under related curriculum you will need to include a verification of employment letter from a supervisor stating you have performed these professional engineering duties. The absence of this information will result in an ineligible rating.
2. SF-50 (If applicable) - Notification of Personnel Action for current or former federal employees- with the exception of current permanent DISA employees, please provide your most recent SF50 or the SF50 reflecting Career/Career-Conditional tenure and the highest grade held on a permanent basis.
3. Veterans Preference Documentation (If applicable):
For Five Point Veterans Preference: DD-214 (Member Copy 4), or, if you are CURRENTLY serving on active duty, a statement of service from your unit which states the date you entered on active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received. For those supplying the statement of service, preference will be verified by a DD-214 (Member Copy 4) upon separation from the military.
For Ten Point Veterans Preference: DD-214 (Member Copy 4). Veterans with a service-connected disability must also submit a VA letter dated 1991 or later.
4. ICTAP Eligible (if applicable) - A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF50 if available.
5. Military Spouse Preference (if applicable) Copy of spousal travel orders providing eligibility.
Your complete Application Package (containing the above required documents) must be received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on TAG: 01/03/2018.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by the closing date of the announcement at 11:59 EST, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
1. Your Resume NOTE: Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Job title; duties (be as detailed as possible); month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008); and full- time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other required supporting documents: (SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS)
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
Indianapolis, IN 46249
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Information Systems Agency, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon your score, you may be referred to the hiring official. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
For any further questions please contact:
Phone: (317) 212-3350
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486897700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.