Current career or career conditional Federal employees, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, including employees who are eligible for consideration under a special hiring authority (e.g. Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), Peace Corps, Severely Disabled, 30% disabled, etc.), and current or former time-limited employees eligible under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) are eligible to apply. Note: Applicants applying under LMWFA must apply under competitive merit promotion procedures. For more information regarding the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, P..L. 114-47, please visit: https://www.chcoc.gov/content/implementing-policy-guidance-land-management-workforce-flexibilitiy-act.Learn more about this agency
Veterans who are eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) may apply as well. To be eligible under the VEOA, applicants must be preference eligibles or have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three or more years of continuous active service. Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special authorities (e.g., Veterans Recruitment Appointment [VRA] up to GS-11), Severely Disabled, 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Peace Corps returnees, etc.) Such individuals need not be current or former Federal employees.
This position is part of the IBC AQD Acquisition Mgmt Division I, Office of the Secretary of Interior. As an entry level contracting professional, the incumbent will receive developmental assignments designed to provide training and experience to progress to more responsible and complex assignments.
Typical assignments include:
- Performing market survey to determine acquisition strategy
- Utilizing various socio-economic programs for acquisitions
- Preparing solicitations for acquisition of goods, services, Information Technology, and/or Research and Development
- Analyzing proposals to determine compliance
- Conducting negotiations and preparing associated correspondence
- Drafting final award document
- Performing contract administration
- Preparing contract file for close-out
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month for training and conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, Veterans Recruitment, Individuals with Disabilities, Land Management, Military Spouses, Peace Corps, and Former Overseas Employees
Questions? This job is open to 7 groups.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade (see Requirements).
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp).
Appointment Authorities: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements:
Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. (NOTE: You are required to submit your unofficial college transcripts from an appropriately accredited educational institution in order to document completion of the educational requirements for this position. The unofficial transcripts must be legible and include your name, major, school name/location, course title/number, date completed, grade, number of credits earned, and degree(s) conferred. In the case that your transcripts do not show that a degree was conferred, you may submit your unofficial transcripts AND a copy of your degree certification. If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to establishing an entrance on duty date.)
24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Exception: Employees in the GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This includes positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. However, employees will have to meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade. (If using this exception to qualify, you MUST submit an SF-50 that supports the title, series, and grade occupied on 01/01/00.)
Specialized experience is defined as experience that is in or directly related to the line of work of this position and has equipped you with the knowledge and competencies to successfully perform the duties of this position. Applicants applying for the GS-9 grade level must possess one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to that of the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes experience demonstrating organizational awareness; advising customers on well-defined business processes and procedures; analyzing business or project documents for accuracy and completion; and adhering to organizational rules and policies. This experience must be reflected in your resume.
Substitution of Education:
Applicants may substitute 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education a masters or equivalent graduate degree or LL.B. or J.D. in one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Combination of Specialized Experience and Education: Applicants may substitute an equivalent combination of qualifying graduate education and specialized experience as described above. (For example: 6 months of Specialized Experience and one and a half years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR L.L.B. or J.D., from an accredited college or university, with a concentration of coursework in one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.)
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You are required to submit your unofficial college transcripts from an appropriately accredited educational institution in order to document completion of the educational requirements for this position. The unofficial transcripts must be legible and include your name, major, school name/location, course title/number, date completed, grade, number of credits earned, and degree(s) conferred. In the case that your transcripts do not show that a degree was conferred, you may submit your unofficial transcripts AND a copy of your degree certification. If selected, official transcripts from your school will be required prior to establishing an entrance on duty date.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Applications: help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Written Communication
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed.
2. SF-50 or DD-214
- Current or Former Career/Career-Conditional Federal Employees: Most recent non-award SF-50 and any other SF-50 that verifies time-in-grade, that you are/were in the competitive service, as well as the highest grade (or promotion potential) held, on a permanent basis. If this information is unverifiable, you may be rated ineligible. (LMWFA eligibles must also submit a copy of their most recent performance appraisal or documentation of acceptable level of performance.)
4. Other supporting documents:
- SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Non-competitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal)
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Cover letter, optional
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- Read the Eligibility questions carefully. The questions address if you are eligible to apply to this JOA. Your responses will affect your consideration for the position. You may qualify for more than one eligibility, so please choose carefully. You will only be considered under the options you have selected. If you respond that you do not meet any of the eligibility questions, you will not be considered for this position.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10080507
Agency contact information
381 Elden Street
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Office of the Secretary of the Interior, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
For status updates on your application, please follow the directions listed above in the How to Apply section. Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. If you are selected for an interview for this position, you will be contacted directly. A final job offer for this position is typically made within several weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After confirming a job offer, all other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a Case-by-Case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485115600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.