You will serve as a Disaster Recovery Specialist for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Customer Service Center - CSC Buffalo, New York. This position provides customer service to individuals, businesses, and internal customers regarding the SBA disaster loan program.Learn more about this agency
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
As a Disaster Recovery Specialist (Bilingual), some of your typical work assignment may include:
- Communicating via phone and email with disaster survivors advising them of the availability of SBA disaster assistance and providing detailed information to the public regarding SBA's disaster loan program.
- Using various computer systems and software programs to research and respond to customer inquiries, record call activity, and complete necessary forms.
- Answering borrowers' questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.Assisting individuals and business with the completion of various SBA disaster loan applications.
Occasional travel - Occasionally, you may be required to travel to a disaster site during increased disaster activity.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…You may apply if you are a U.S. Citizen
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- A favorable background check is required.
- Applicants must have a credit score of at least 500.
- Must provide resume and supporting documents (See required documents).
Mandatory Overtime is Required: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated hours, up to seven days a week and twelve to fourteen hours a day may be required.
Must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
A security clearance is not required; however, selectees will be subject to a background check and must have a credit score of at least 500.
- Loan/financial document review
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Customer Service
- Computer Skills
QualificationsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level(s) in which you are applying:
At least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position, such as the following:
- Responding to a variety of inquiries and providing information to internal and external customers;
- Using computer programs such as Microsoft Office, (or comparable) computer software programs such as Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc.; AND
- Working with various types of financial documents such as tax returns, income (profit and loss) statements, schedules of liabilities, balance sheets, and/or credit or loan applications.
Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university or two full years (36 semester hours or equivalent) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a related field.
Education and work experience may also be combined to qualify for this position.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Specialized experience and/or formal education specifically related to the occupation.
Background checks and security clearance
Resume and Unofficial Transcripts (if using education to qualify for the position).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified".
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Send resume and unofficial transcripts (if using education to qualify for the position) to: CSCHumanResources
Agency contact information
Office of Disaster Personnel
13221 Woodland Park Rd
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the Office of Disaster Personnel (ODP) (if selected).
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a Case-by-Case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483125500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.