Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces to defend the United States and its interests. Synchronize planning of global operations against terrorist networks.Learn more about this agency
USSOCOM seeks talented and motivated individuals looking to serve your country, optimize your contributions and join our diverse, professional team in Tampa, Florida. You will earn a competitive salary and enjoy outstanding benefits while working alongside some of the brightest, most motivated Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen of our time. Find out more click here.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Current Federal Employees (DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION IS to personally plan, manage, control, and oversee numerous conferences and ceremonies hosted by the USSOCOM Commander, Deputy Commander, and Chief of Staff at both the Headquarters and at off-site locations and to provide protocol expertise for these events
- Serves as protocol officer in executing itineraries for distinguished visitors to Special Operations Command Headquarters and directs all aspects of social functions hosted by the Commander, Deputy Commander and Chief of Staff USSOCOM, and other Senior Staff officers
- Maintain relevant document on the Joint Visitors Bureau portal sites on both classified and unclassified networks. Proficiency in SharePoint and all Microsoft programs (i.e.Infopath)
- Organizes meetings of project officers and tasks appropriate agencies to provide support for protocol requirements to include briefings, meetings, conferences and demonstrations
25% or less - Required to perform TDYs of varying duration to other military installations. Travel in and out of CONUS to include foreign countries in support of planning and execution of protocol missions.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, VRA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
- A Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required
- PCS expenses NOT authorized and WILL NOT be paid
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This is a designated drug testing position
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- This position is designated by the Air Force as a Test Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program. As a mandatory requirement for employment in this TDP, the incumbent is (A) to refrain from use of illegal drugs and (B) if required, to submit to urinalyses testing. Appointee must sign a statement acknowledging the position occupied is identified as a TDP.
- Incumbent is expected to be responsive to frequently changing priorities and resource levels, simultaneous high priority assignments, and stressful, sensitive assignments. Must be physically capable of working long hours for extended periods under pressure for special requirements.
- Required to perform TDYs of varying duration to other military installations. Travel in and out of CONUS to include foreign countries in support of planning and execution of protocol missions.
QualificationsOne year of specialized experience which includes knowledge of Department of Defense, Joint Staff, MAJOR Command and international protocol doctrine, policies and procedures to conduct and coordinate protocol activities, ceremonies and conferences; extensive practical and theoretical knowledge of protocol procedures required to represent a Combatant Command Commander and staff and to function as technical authority to develop and execute protocol requirements for distinguished visitor visits, ceremonies and conferences; ability to make decisions that are extremely significant and impact various extremely sensitive situations; and ability to plan, organize and coordinate itineraries for senior officers, government officials and foreign dignitaries; senior officials of industry; to include CEOs; local, state and federal elected officials to include members of Congress and their senior staff. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Extensive knowledge of methods, practices and techniques of protocol to enable the incumbent to function as technical authority to develop and execute protocol requirements for distinguished visitor visits, ceremonies and conferences.
2. Knowledge and understanding of DoD, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Army Special Operations, Naval Special Warfare and Air Force Special Operations command structure, organization, mission and doctrine and military traditions to conduct and coordinate protocol activities, ceremonies and conferences.
3. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate itineraries for senior officers, government officials and foreign dignitaries; senior officials of industry, to include CEOs; local, state and federal elected officials, to include members of Congress and their senior staff.
4. Skill in researching the backgrounds and special needs/interests of visitors and assimilate information into appropriate protocol functions/events.
5. Skill to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to conduct and coordinate protocol activities for a Combatant Command.
6. Knowledge of appropriate DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) and Operations Security (OPSEC) regulations, directives and procedures.
7. Strong leadership skills-ability to lead diverse teams to identify problems, formulate alternatives, select a course of action, and implement a solution.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT (EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY): 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment, retention, and Leave Accrual incentives may be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
- Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 10/18/2017
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10051547
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10051547
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
7701 Tampa Point Blvd
MacDill AFB, FL
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481682700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.