DoDEA, through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence.
DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Visit our website at www.dodea.edu for more information!
If you are applying through Merit procedures, the following information applies to you:
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: Current or Former Permanent Civilian Federal Employees in the Competitive Service; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: http://archive.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability.)
If you are applying through Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) procedures, the following information applies to you:
Learn more about this agency
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. Citizens
As a Graphic Arts Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Designs and produces a variety of informational materials including but not limited to: booklets, brochures, infographics, pamphlets, booklets, bookmarks, cards, banners, posters, and downloadable promotional products for placement on the DoDEA website, printed products prepared for professional printing, or products prepared on a large-scale plotter/printer.
- Designs logos, templates, graphics concepts and visual/graphic elements to support DoDEA programs, policies, initiatives, organizational presence, school marketing, special event, social media, motion media, and communications campaigns.
- Produces, maintains and extends an effective graphics and visual design presence that projects a professional, polished and effective organizational branding and identification for DoDEA, its programs, policies, initiatives, and communications operation.
- Designs graphics products for print and electronic delivery that establish and maintain DoDEA brand identity and credibility. Establishes and maintains DoDEA brand identity and credibility through all products.
- Manages the structure and design of graphics files and coordinates extensively with the DoDEA Webmaster and DoDEA Motion Media Branch to repurpose graphics designs for web and video delivery, including code, design, graphics, images, text, and links.
- Serves as DoDEA Headquarters photographer, capturing photos at special events or when required, on travel at DoDEA schools around the world. Maintains DoDEA Flickr site.
Occasional travel - The Incumbent may be required to travel by military and/or commercial aircraft to a variety of stateside and overseas locations for meetings and conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open toâ€¦US Citizens and Status Candidates
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Application materials must be received by 11:59PM EST on the closing date.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
TOUR OF DUTY: Flexible
RECRUITMENT INCENTIVES: Not Authorized
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA): Exempt
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE: Not Required
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: This position is telework eligible
SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENT: Please visit https://www.sss.gov for more information.
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
Delegated Examining -This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year probationary period.
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1000/general-arts-and-information-series-1001-one-grade-interval-positions/ for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by Monday, October 23, 2017.
You must have one year Specialized Experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private/military sector) giving the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
Specialized experience required for this position is:
- Experience designing and producing graphics, pamphlets, booklets, bookmarks, cards, banners, posters, and downloadable promotional products.
- Designing logos, templates, graphics concepts and visual/graphic elements to support programs, policies, initiatives, organizational presence, school marketing, special event, social media, motion media, and communications campaigns.
- Managing the structure and design of graphics files and coordinating extensively to repurpose graphics designs for web and video delivery, including code, design, graphics, images, text, and links.
- Serve as a photographer, capturing photos at specialized events and maintain Flickr site.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1.Expert knowledge of a variety of methods, techniques, and materials used in the design, production, and reproduction of visual products.
2.Ability to take complex data and make it understandable and visually appealing to a wide variety of audiences.
3.Ability to communicate orally and in writing to upper level management and senior officials
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for merit promotion consideration. Time-in-grade is the 52-week requirement Federal employees in competitive service, General Schedule (GS) positions at GS-5 and above must serve before they are eligible for promotion (advancement) to the next grade level. Applicants must meet the time-in-grade requirement within 30 days of the closing of this announcement and all other eligibility requirements including , time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the closing date of this announcement : Monday, October 23, 2017
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
*NOTE: If you submit a resume but no questionnaire, you cannot be considered for the position. If you submit a questionnaire but no resume, you cannot be considered for the position. Your application will be appropriately documented and you will be removed from further competition against this announcement.
*NOTE: Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
How You Will Be Evaluated
How You Will Be Evaluated
Best Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
Highly Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, as determined by the job analysis.
Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Background checks and security clearance
Résumé: If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible.
Transcripts: REQUIRED--We accept unofficial transcripts, as long as they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received in this office by 11:59PM EST on Monday, October 23, 2017 in order to be considered.
Additional documents you may be required to submit vary based on what authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying for one of the categories such as a veteran, a current or former permanent Federal employee, ICTAP, etc.).
PLEASE REVIEW the following LINK for additional documents you need to provide.
If selected, additional documentation may be required prior to appointment.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package as described in REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.
Click Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To review the status of an application through USAJOBS:
1. Log into your USAJOBS account
2. Click Application Status within your profile to expand your application
3. Locate the job announcement and click the more information link under the Status column for this position. You will be routed to Application Manager. The Details tab displays by default. The Details tab displays comprehensive information about the selected Application Package including: assessment(s) and the status, supporting documents and their status, correspondence sent to you by the hiring agency, and your application processing status.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144. You are highly encouraged to submit your application package and complete your assessment questionnaire on-line.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
Applicant Help DODEA
AddressDepartment Of Defense Education Activity DoDEA
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22350-1401
Department of Defense (DoD)
Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Department of Defense Education Activity, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicants reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter.
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481415200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.