Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. TAG:Agency URLLearn more about this agency
Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
Location: Fort Belvoir, Directorate of Morale, Welfare Recreation (DFMWR) Markenting
Performs clerical and administrative duties in support of the marketing department to include, but not limited to answering calls and receiving visitors, operating office computers, color printers, copiers, the electric cutting machine, laminator, and the other media and production machines. Order and safeguards office supplies and equipment. Provides distribution of marketing information and collateral to the internal departments and the off property installations and facilities. Coordinates and attends the on and off property special events and promotional opportunities. Assist graphics in design of flyers and collateral, photography and video. Performs the required coordination and facilitation of the on property guest programs and activities. Maintains and inventories the commercial décor of the property and performs routine office maintenance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
Work schedule will include occasional evening and weekend hours.Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE: Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
QualificationsMust be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, Photoshop and In Design. Good public speaking skills and understanding of the local culture and the local entertainment and tourism industry. Must have a good understanding of Social Media and e-marketing.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process notify your servicing NAF Human Resources Division (HRD). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National
Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical
competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
Background checks and security clearance
Your resume may be submitted in any format. If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will be modified to delete a photograph or other inappropriate material or content.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described above. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Applicants MUST submit a complete application package to receive consideration.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete application package (see below) by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date reflected on this vacancy announcement.
A complete application package contains:
1. Resume and/or DA Form 3433 (http://cpol.army.mil/library/naf/jobkit/app-01.html)
2. Completed Occupational Questionnaire (TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire)
3. Any required documentation to support qualification or education requirements (e.g. certification(s), licensure, transcripts, etc.) For more information, see Required Documents (below).
4. If claiming Military Spouse Preference (MSP) please submit a copy of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders (along with proof of marriage if applicant's name does not appear on sponsor's orders) with your application.
5. If claiming Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP), submit a copy of the DD 214 (member 4 or service 2 copy) or equivalent with your application.
6. If claiming Department of Defense (DoD) Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BAA) Priority Consideration, submit a copy of the DA Form 3434 or notice of separation due to business based action with your application.
7. If claiming DoD Current or Former NAF employee (CNE/FNE) Priority Consideration (to include current Appropriated Fund (APF) employees) submit a copy of DA Form 3434 or equivalent with your application.
8. If claiming Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV) Priority Consideration, submit a copy of the DD 214 (members 4 or service 2 copy) or equivalent with your application.
9. If submitting a manual application, your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire (to view questionnaire click TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire) must be completed on the OPM Form 1203-FX. (To download form, click or paste this URL into the browser https://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf )
PLEASE NOTE: Please continue completing all questions within section 25 of the 1203-FX form (Occupational Questionnaire) regardless of the numbering sequence. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
You may submit your application package using one of the three methods identified below:
1. ONLINE (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) TAG:VacancyID
2. IN PERSON: You may drop off your application package (see above) to the servicing CPAC, NAF HR Office listed as the point of contact for this vacancy announcement.
*To inquire about additional application options or to request Reasonable Accommodation please contact the CPAC, NAF HR Office listed as the point of contact for this vacancy announcement.
Additional Forms and URL links:
Agency contact information
AddressAS-NAF-W4VNAA US ARMY FT BELVOIR
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474004700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.