The incumbent serves as Academic Specialist (Education Services) and technical advisor to the Dean of Students, Office of Student Services and performs a full range of student support services to the Information Resources Management College.
The IRMC serves as the Department of Defense's (DoD's) principal educational resource for the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and his senior staffs. As part of this mission and in support of JPME programs, IRMC is responsible for Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA) and Information Technology (IT) graduate education focused on the needs of strategic leaders.
National Defense University (NDU) develops joint warfighters and other national security leaders through rigorous academics, research and engagement to serve the common defense.
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.Learn more about this agency
-Responsible for the overall coordination and daily management of the IRMC admissions program.
-Develops, maintains, and updates the IRMC academic records management system, processes, and procedures.
-Provides administrative guidance to IRMC faculty and staff to ensure their compliance with requisite policies and procedures
-Serves as the IRMC primary point of contact for outside agencies, colleges, and centers regarding student transcripts and related information requirements.
-Establishes internal control procedures and ensures that office personnel comply with these procedures.
=Performs a full range of automated Student Information System (SIS) support functions.
-Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of statistical reports documenting student characteristics.
Occasional travel - Seldom 15-20 percent
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be US Citizen
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non-Critical Sensitive position which requires a background investigation. The individual selected for this position is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance to occupy a Non-Critical Sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment.
To qualify for this position, you must:
- Have an earned Master's degree in an appropriate discipline is preferred; however, the incumbent may hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in a field related to education, management, or administration.
- Have knowledge of accreditation policies and demonstrated experience working with procedures for graduate degree conferring institutions, specifically relating to student records and services.
- Have a demonstrated customer service or student service experience.
- Have records analysis and management skills, demonstrating experience in preparing and organizing statistical reports, managing data collection, distribution and maintenance.
- Have experience using Blackboard, Google Cloud, Academic Databases, Search Engines, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft word in conducting research of course materials.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 18 months.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
A screening panel will review your resume and narrative answers to the assessment questions to evaluate your qualifications for the position. NDU uses a multi-tier selection process for academic positions.
The Assessment Questionnaire collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Customer Service
- Admissions Management
- Records Analysis
- Course Management
Background checks and security clearance
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: The latest resume submitted will be used to determine qualifications. Complete Assessment Questionnaire Other Supporting Documents
If applicable, the following supporting documents must be received by the closing date of the announcement.
- SF-50 - (If applicable) Notification of Personnel Action for current or former federal employees- with the exception of current permanent NDU employees, please provide your most recent SF50 or the SF50 reflecting Career/Career-Conditional tenure and the highest grade held on a permanent basis. If you claim Veteran's Preference, (5 or 10 points) you MUST provide a copy of your DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) listing the dates of military service and rank. If you are claiming 10 points (10 percent or more disability), you must also provide a letter from the Veterans Affairs Office and a completed SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veterans Preference -
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by the closing date of the announcement at 11:59 EST, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
NDU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. NDU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, three onsite fitness facilities, and the opportunity to telecommute. To find out more, go to https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 1874988. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
You are highly encouraged to establish a USAJOBS account and submit your application package online so that you can receive status updates. If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
- When completing the 1203-FX, be sure to select only one response for each question. Selecting more than one response for a question may result in your application package being rated ineligible.
Agency contact information
William E. Sass
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to drive status updates notification for applicants. You can elect to activate the proactive notification from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process to sign-up for automatic alerts when there are status changes for jobs to which you have applied.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a Case-by-Case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459657000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.