This position is also being advertised for candidates with Merit Promotion eligibility (Status Candidates). It can be found on www.usajobs,gov. Search for Vacancy Announcement number NPS-WASO-17-1855957(KB) or by title/series and location.
This position falls under the Cultural Resource Directorate, Office of Science, Technology, and Training, Media Outreach Program. This position is housed at NCPTT in Natchitoches, LA.
This position has promotion potential to the target grade of GS-13. You may be promoted to the next higher grade without further competition when all statutory and regulatory requirements have been met, performance is satisfactory and promotion is recommended by the supervisor. Promotion to the next higher grade is not guaranteed and is contingent upon the above criteria. Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
Physical Demands: The work is primarily sedentary requiring only occasional lifting and moving of computer and other graphic generating equipment (up to 40 lbs) incident to troubleshooting or upgrading equipment. Travel will be required 3-4 nights per month.
Work Environment: The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION. Please read the entire announcement before you apply. To view the entire announcement, select "Print" above "Job Summary."Learn more about this agency
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs unique graphic design and publication duties by independently conceiving and producing graphic materials and themes for the communication of desired information for complex and high profile and sensitive projects related to the development, organization, and production of various Cultural Resources Directorate products, including publications, both online and print, videos, training materials, promotional materials, special resource studies and management plans, and other uniquely conceived ways to deliver dynamic cultural resources information to the NPS , other federal agencies and the general public.
- Coordinates the design and development of websites, interactive features, mobile applications, and new media projects.
- Manage day-to-day operations of internal and external websites including design, maintenance, and content administration, providing user support, instruction, documentation using various tools and software applications.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts in parks, regions, networks and with partners to develop and maintain content of web pages (intranet/internet) and social media sites (i.e. Twitter Facebook, blogs).
- Manages the lifecycle of media projects from concept development through implementation and operations/maintenance.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and updates software and database applications using various common programming languages (e.g. ColdFusion, ASP.net, Share-Point, Java Script, PHP, HTML, CSS) to meet user needs and specifications.
- Develops proposals and recommendation for developing, acquiring, and modifying software and database application for the web.
- Prepare costs estimates and performs cost/benefit analyses for new commercial, off the shelf application and modifications.
- Serves as Contracting Officer's Representative, Contracting Officer's Technical Representative.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Svs.
- Relevant experience and/or education (See Qualification and Evaluations).
- Suitable for Federal employment as determined by a background investigation
- Possess and maintain a valid State driver’s license
- Appointment will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Under the requirements of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), all new Federal Employees must pass a background investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- To be eligible for appointment to this position, the new hire must be cleared to come on board once the results of the fingerprint check, review of the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and the candidate's Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQIP) entries have been reviewed and determined to be satisfactory. A credit check may be required for this position if any financial issues arise during the background investigation process.
- New employees of the Department of the Interior must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of net pay within 30 days of entrance on duty.
- Applicants must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- This is not a drug tested position; however all Federal government employees are subject to reasonable suspicious testing as appropriate.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
QualificationsIn order to qualify for this position you must meet the following by the closing date of the vacancy announcement: Tuesday, December 27, 2016
GS-12 level: Must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience for this position include: perform graphic design and publication duties for the production of various products designed to communicate to the public, stakeholders, and other officials; perform quality control and production of complex projects; determine and communicate design and technical guidelines to contractors; consult with users to develop a mutual understanding of the objectives of published materials, presentations, and visual treatments; utilize multiple design software, hardware, graphics for website development and other social media platforms. Experience working with content management systems, such as CommonSpot and WordPress.
If selected at the lower grade: The incumbent will work under close supervision performing the overall duties and responsibilities as described in the full performance level of the position description, until the employee has acquired sufficient familiarity with the office policies, procedures, and objectives to assume the full range of assignments.
GS-13 level: Must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience for this position include: perform graphic design and publication duties for the development, organization, and production of various products designed to communicate to the public, stakeholders, and other officials; develop the budget, scope, workload assignment, quality control, and production of complex projects; manage, critique and communicate design and technical guidelines to contractors; consult with project managers, planners, designers, program managers, and others to develop a mutual understanding of the objectives of published materials, presentations, and visual treatments; utilize multiple design software, hardware, graphics for website development and other social media platforms. Experience working with content management systems, such as CommonSpot and WordPress.
Resume must reflect the responses to the online questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/ or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through national service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, etc.) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritus); community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translate directly to paid employment. You may receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses will be paid if the person selected for the position is from outside the local commuting area and is otherwise eligible for reimbursement of relocation expenses under the Federal Travel Regulations.
How You Will Be Evaluated
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Your ratings are subject to change if discrepancies exist between your responses and your supporting documents. All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
- Knowledge of management principles and supervisory methodologies, processes and guidelines
- Knowledge of Visual Information Design and Production Techniques.
- Ability to Develop Scope of Service for Visual Information
- Knowledge of Quality Control Processes.
- Knowledge of Technical Design Hardware and Software
- Knowledge of Printing and Reproduction Processes
CTAP/ICTAP -Individuals who have special priority selection rights under either the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) will be considered well qualified for CTAP and ICTAP purposes when the following criteria is met: OPM qualification standards for the position; all selective placement factors, where applicable; special qualifying conditions that OPM has approved for the position, where applicable; is physically qualified with reasonable accommodation, where appropriate to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position upon entry; possess the competencies needed for the position at a level which clearly exceeds the minimum qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 85 or above (prior to the assignment of veteran's preference points) on the rating criteria for this position. If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, the Servicing Human Resources Office must receive proof by the closing date of this announcement that you meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330 Subpart F for CTAP and 5 CFR 330 Subpart G for ICTAP or you will not receive priority consideration. This includes a copy of the agency notice, your most recent Performance Rating and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. Required documents may be faxed or uploaded (see the "How to Apply" section).
WARNING: All of the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown in your application/resume, by checking references, and through other means such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
Background checks and security clearance
- Resume showing relevant experience (cover letter optional); and
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire; and
- If you are claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST clearly identify your claim on your application and provide specific required evidence such as: DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or SF-15 and proof requested on the form. Failure to submit appropriate supporting documentation may result in NOT granting Veteran's Preference); OR
- ICTAP/CTAP Documentation - Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-in-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; and SF-50 documenting your separation or the position you will be separated from; if applicable
NOTE: If you receive an email stating that there was a technical problem uploading your documents, you should fax the applicable documentation to OPM at 478-757-3144. Be sure to use the fax cover sheet that was linked in the vacancy announcement, include the appropriate Office Code (OV) and VIN 1858482 so that the fax is processed properly and promptly. For further questions regarding applying options online or by fax, please contact OPM at ApplicationManagerHelpDesk@opm.gov.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
Annual and Sick Leave: Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Tele-work would be available on a limited basis, or intermittent.
If you use public transportation, part of your transportation costs may be subsidized. Our human resources office can provide additional information on how this program is run and provide you with the appropriate forms.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1858482. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed. To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click on the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
Kim D. Brown
NO HARD COPY DOCUMENTS ACCEPTED
ONLY ONLINE AND FAXED DOCUMENTS ACCEPTED
Washington, DC 20242
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service, as we prepare for a second century of stewardship and engagement. Become a part of our mission to connect with our past and create important connections to the future by building a rich and lasting legacy for the next generation of park visitors, supporters, and advocates.
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted. After making a tentative job offer we will conduct a suitability and/or security background investigation.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457532300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.