Who May Apply: Current Federal employees serving under career or career-conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).Learn more about this agency
This position is established as an Information Technology Specialist (Data Management/Policy Plan/Enterprise Architecture), located in the Data Operations Division of the Office of the Chief Data Officer (CDO), Office of Management and Policy (OMP), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Washington, D.C.
- Analyzes and defines data requirements and specifications, and evaluates and provides recommendations on new data architectures.
- Works closely with Information Technology (IT) leadership to design, implement and manage technology solutions that enable the effective and cost-efficient storage, maintenance and use of data by agency stakeholders.
- Develops and administers data standards, policies, and procedures and partners with OIG stakeholders.
- Provides data architecture guidance, support, and coordination to customers and IT project teams.
- Develops reference models of the enterprise and maintains the information in the IT repository, enterprise architecture, and/or data management systems.
- Contributes to the monitoring and documentation of analysis, implementation, review and test of proposed changes to all data and structures, linking them to defects problems reported where applicable.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Registration with the Selective Service (if applicable).
- Time in grade must be met within 30 days of closing date of announcement.
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Financial Disclosure is required.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements,including education, and any selective placement factors described below within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Education used as part of an application package will only be considered if complete transcripts are submitted and must be from an accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. To see if your institution is accredited, please follow this link: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx
For all positions individuals must have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services, is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial), makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify at the GS-14 grade level:
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform he duties of the position that demonstrates experience including the following: Experience identifying and implementing information sharing opportunities, including improving access to internal and external data; experience in the management and analysis of how to collect, use, mange, share and report data and metadata within and across organizations; experience providing data architecture guidance. Ability to ensure stringent application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to all components of the data architecture.
THE SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATON IS NOT QUALIFYING AT THE GS-14 GRADE LEVEL.
Security and Background Requirements: A background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Veterans' Preference Documentation: If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 (Member 4 copy),or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. 10 point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with the required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form. An SF-15 may be found at: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. For more information on veterans' preference, go to: http://www.opm.gov/Veterans.
Career Transition Program (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Documentation: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the CTAP or ICTAP, you MUST submit proof of eligibility. Appropriate documentation such as a reduction-in-force (RIF) separation notice, an SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You MUST also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record along with your application package. Those eligible for consideration will need to be rated as well-qualified at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position in order to exercise selection priority. For more information about ICTAP, go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition.
EEO Statement: HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your eligibility for consideration and qualifications for the position will be determined based upon a review of your detailed resume and your responses to job specific self-assessment questions. Your resume will be evaluated based on evidence of your ability to demonstrate possession of any specialized experience and how well your background and experience relates to the self-assessment questions in the job announcement.
The self-assessment questions relate to the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies (KSA's). You do not have to provide a narrative response to the KSA's.
1. Results Orientation.
2. Creativity and Innovation.
3. Decision Making.
5. Collaboration and Influencing Others.
Your responses to the self-assessment questions serve as the basis for your initial rating. You will receive a numerical score based on your responses to these questions. Next, your responses will be evaluated by a Human Resources Specialist and/or a subject matter expert against the information provided in your resume. Your resume must support your answers to the self-assessment questions, or your score may be adjusted or lowered accordingly which may affect your overall final rating. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or for changing your scored responses to questions youve answered, which may affect your overall final score.
Please note that a complete application is required for consideration. (Please review the Required Documents section of this job announcement to see what must be included in a complete application).
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume
- A complete Assessment Questionnaire
- Other required supporting documents:
- Your most recent SF-50 indicating highest grade and step attained
Other Required Documents:
Financial Disclosure: This position may be subject to financial disclosure requirements and must be filed within 30 days of the appointment. For more information about Financial Disclosure and OGE Form 450, you may go to the Office of Government Ethics website at www.oge.gov and select Financial Disclosure. Frequently Asked Questions can be found at http://www.oge.gov/Financial-Disclosure/Confidential-Financial-Disclosure-450/OGE-Form-450-FAQs/OGE-Form-450-FAQs/.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
A complete application package for this vacancy must be received on-line via the USA Staffing web site by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 to receive consideration. Mailed/emailed applications will not be accepted.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete the cover page located at http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 1813150. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
Questions regarding this vacancy or the application process should be directed to the HR Specialist. The HR Specialist can be reached at (855) 291-2284. Someone is available to answer phone calls and emails from 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday excluding Federal holidays.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, and
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.4. This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the HR Specialist at (855) 291-2284. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Agency contact information
330 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20201
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) supports the mission of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in protecting the health of Americans and providing essential human services. The OIG is comprised of dedicated professionals promoting the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of HHS managed programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Head Start. The integrity of these programs is evaluated for success, and any fraud, waste, or abuse is addressed by OIG.
The HHS Office of Inspector General (OIG) has been recognized as one of the Federal Government's best places to work. HHS OIG ranked in the top 25% of agency subcomponents (#39 of 320) in the Partnership for Public Service's "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government" 2015 ratings. For more information, see www.bestplacestowork.org.
For more information about the HHS Office of Inspector General, go to http://oig.hhs.gov/.
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/451927600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.