Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Bemidji Area, Red Lake IHS Hospital, Division of Behavioral Health, Red Lake, Minnesota.
The purpose of this position is to provide psychiatric/ medical management for ambulatory patients, emergency cases, individuals, and families.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DIRECT HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUCEMENT: These positions are being filled through Office of Personnel Management's delegated Direct Hiring Authority (DHA). The "Direct Hiring Authority" has been authorized by Homeland Security Act of 2002 and Part 337, Subpart B, Title 5 code of the Code of Federal Regulations (5 CFR). IF filled utilizing DHA, the following is applicable: All applicant(s) who meet the basic qualifications requirements will be forwarded to the "Selecting Official" for consideration. The rule of three, 1) Veteran(s) Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants, do not apply to the Direct Hire process. 2) Indian Preference does apply.
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic mental illness for adolescents and adult patients.
- Provides case management functions; short or long-term psychotherapy, prescribes psychotropic medications and supervises medication maintenance. Crisis assessment/intervention. Consultation and advocacy as needed.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team in defying policies and developing the total care program, quality improvement programs and initiatives.
- Promotes organizational and professional obligations.
- Performs other position related duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.