In order to qualify for the position of Managing Director of Ethics, GS 0301-15, you must meet the following:
Possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade of GS 14 or equivalent band level of responsibility in Federal service that has equipped you with the specific knowledge, skill and ability to successfully perform in this position. Specialized experience in strategic and long range planning, policy development, evaluation, implementation and administration, organizational management, productivity improvement, management controls and analytical studies related to ethics program and effectiveness. Experience in developing and implementing policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and management plans covering financial interest disclosure, conflict of interest, co-sponsorship agreements, outside activity, regulations and post-employment restrictions. Experience analyzing, evaluating and recommending solutions to policy/program issues; managing staff and providing leadership.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Pre-employment physical required: No
5. Drug testing required: No
6. License required: No
7. Mobility agreement required: No
8. Moving expenses authorized: No
9. Immunization required: No
10. Relocation Incentive authorized: No
11. Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
14. Bargaining Unit Position: No
15. Financial disclosure statement required: Yes. Please be advised that this position will be subject to FDAs strict prohibited financial interest regulation and therefore, may require the incumbent of this position to divest of certain financial interests. Applicants are strongly advised to seek additional information on this requirement from the FDA hiring official before accepting this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
Best Qualified Applicants who have experience that is almost identical to those required by the position, including any quality ranking factors identified.
Well Qualified Applicants who have experience that is very similar to those required by the position.
Qualified Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements, but do not identify any additional qualifying experience or skill.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSAs separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSAs.
1. Knowledge of Ethics program, policies, procedure, legislation and regulations.
2. Ability to manage and evaluate the work of subordinate staff.
3. Ability to plan, implement and direct short and long-range strategic programs, policies, functions and initiatives.
4. Ability to communicate orally.
5. Ability to communicate in writing.