The qualification requirements listed below must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants must meet the education requirement to be considered for this position.
Degree that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
1. Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
2. Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
3. Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
4. Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
5. Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
You qualify for this position at the GS-13 level (starting salary $89,924) if you possess one of the following: One full year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level that demonstrates the following: Experience in leadership, executive development, business administration, program management, or similar discipline and have recent professional experience as a Chief Officer or equivalent who heads a major bureau or division within a fire department/emergency medical services organization.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, we will use a job questionnaire to place you in one of three categories based on your experience, education and training. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Knowledge of and experience in the fields of adult education, instructional systems design and emerging educational technology.
- Knowledge of current public sector policy issues.
- Skill in the design and use of applied research techniques.
- Skill in managing and coordinating multiple, ongoing training courses and/or workshops.
- Ability to interact with high-level Government officials, senior officers and private-sector professionals.
- Ability to communicate and present orally.
- Ability to communicate and present in writing.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles:
If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here
to access OPM’s Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under CTAP/ ICTAP, you must be placed in the Well-Qualified category for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who
meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific, professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. This position is
considered scientific/professional. For information on veterans’ preference, please click here
. To preview questions please click here.