The selectee of this position possesses expert knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies of the federal government, in order to theorize, plan, and direct the entire financial and budgeting functions for the agency.
· Formulates budgets for all program areas in coordination with Directors.
· Establishes, develops and maintains internal controls, interpreting guidelines, policy and regulatory requirements.
· Manages the strategic planning process and oversees the annual audit process and the
annual financial and performance reports.
· In coordination with the Board and the Executive Director, oversees investment of Trust Fund and USIECR balances.
· Analyzes, advises on, and recommends solutions to budgetary problems in all phases of budget/financial administration.
· Advises top agency/department officials who appear before congressional committees and the national media concerning the agency's budget/cost accounting system.
· Establishes and maintains accounting procedures, account structure, budget formats and tracking mechanisms.
· Supervises senior managers for finance and information technology and other staff with responsibility for shared services.
· Serves as financial liaison with OMB (budget submission, ad hoc financial questions), GSA (investing and accounting issues/problems), Udall Center (budget and financial information), Native Nations Institute (budget and financial information).
· Negotiates, resolves controversial financial and program issues of considerable significance.
· Formulates overall strategy for network, security and user support.
· Assists in determining functional specifications for the Project Management Database (PMD), when needed.
· Other duties as assigned.